Panthers cut Delhomme

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/04/panthers-bid-farewell-to-delhomme/

can’t believe they did it.

See? It can be done!

Never would have imagined them pulling the trigger. Might be an interesting offseason for the Panthers afterall. If they could this with getting Anquan Boldin, I’d shit a brick.

WOW

god bless him, great guy

talk about someone who played way beyond their natural ability, and had some great years. I was at the Jax game when he replaced Peete and lit it up with Proehl in the second half, a year later we were in the Superbowl.

Thx for the ride Jake

[quote=“metro, post:4, topic:22627”]WOW

god bless him, great guy

talk about someone who played way beyond their natural ability, and had some great years. I was at the Jax game when he replaced Peete and lit it up with Proehl in the second half, a year later we were in the Superbowl.

Thx for the ride Jake[/quote]I was at that game as well. Stadium was nuts in the 2nd half. Lots of highs and lows with Jake. I wish him well, but I’m ready to move on as a fan.

Moss, do you get email updates? how the heck did you see that when it was posted?

pretty funny, as of 10:33 the Observer has nothing and fans are scooping it all over the Damien Lewis story in the comments section. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“metro, post:6, topic:22627”]Moss, do you get email updates? how the heck did you see that when it was posted?

pretty funny, as of 10:33 the Observer has nothing and fans are scooping it all over the Damien Lewis story in the comments section. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :p[/quote]hrrp://www.twitter.com - follow ProFootballTalk, Adam_Schefter, Jay_Glazer, daringantt…plenty more out there too

They won’t be able to get any better! Most people don’t realize how good Jake Delhomme really is! Being a good QB is 78% other players on the offense.

thank god, two years too late though

Darin Gantt blog update: link

move will cost 12.7 million against the cap, thank go there isn’t a cap this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/8616/delhomme-still-will-cost-panthers-12-7-million

:o That will buy him some good horses.

[font=helvetica][size=12px][font=times new roman]Theycan cut him now with no salary cap ramifications — since there is nosalary cap after midnight — but they’d still owe him $12.675 millionbased on guarantees built into the deal his signed last April as partof their effort to clear cap room to keep Julius Peppers.[/font][/size][/font] [font=times new roman][b]He’dbe owed $4.16 million in 2010, $5.12 million in 2011 and $3.4 millionin 2012[/b], with the contract written to guarantee those amounts for skillor injury.[/font] [font=times new roman]It would, however, clear the books of his charges if a cap was re-instituted at a later date.[/font] [font=times new roman]Italso keeps them from paying the $10.14 million bonus he was set toreceive later this spring — in effect breaking the financial hit intothree smaller chunks.[/font]

Jake’s a class act and I wish him the best, but the Panthers need a new QB.

You can’t go! All the plants are gonna die!

good bye, jake delhomme. hello, michael vick.

ps. some of these avatars and signatures are HILARIOUS! that is all.

[quote=“metro, post:6, topic:22627”]pretty funny, as of 10:33 the Observer has nothing and fans are scooping it all over the Damien Lewis story in the comments section. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :p[/quote]Maybe their entire staff is down in chapel hill trying to get the latest scoop on Roy’s upcoming strategy for the “big game”. Why would anyone care about the Panthers when the tarholes are playing? ::slight_smile:

[quote=“metro, post:4, topic:22627”]I was at the Jax game when he replaced Peete and lit it up with Proehl in the second half, a year later we were in the Superbowl. [/quote]I was at that game and I still remember saying with excitement “It looks like we found ourselves a quarterback”.

Jake was an unexpected surprise. Let’s hope we have another one soon.

Best QB the team has ever had, hands down. Great guy and great leader. His play in the superbowl would be stuff of legend had Kasay not screwed up and given the pats aweseom field position at the end of the game.

I do think this is the right move though. 35 years old, has had major arm surgery, and his play this past year and in the playoffs the year before was just plain horrendous. Matt Moore has shown a good deal of promise and I think he will succeed, but if he gets hurt the panthers need a veteran as the #2. Need a young guy as a 3rd Qb too. Gonna be an interesting offseason and FA.

[quote=“action49er, post:18, topic:22627”]Best QB the team has ever had, hands down. Great guy and great leader. His play in the superbowl would be stuff of legend had Kasay not screwed up and given the pats aweseom field position at the end of the game.

I do think this is the right move though. 35 years old, has had major arm surgery, and his play this past year and in the playoffs the year before was just plain horrendous. Matt Moore has shown a good deal of promise and I think he will succeed, but if he gets hurt the panthers need a veteran as the #2. Need a young guy as a 3rd Qb too. Gonna be an interesting offseason and FA.[/quote]

We still have Josh McCown, a very solid QB for a backup.

I think Josh would of saved the season had he not gotten hurt.

We need to get another young QB.

[quote=“metro, post:19, topic:22627”][quote=“action49er, post:18, topic:22627”]Best QB the team has ever had, hands down. Great guy and great leader. His play in the superbowl would be stuff of legend had Kasay not screwed up and given the pats aweseom field position at the end of the game.

I do think this is the right move though. 35 years old, has had major arm surgery, and his play this past year and in the playoffs the year before was just plain horrendous. Matt Moore has shown a good deal of promise and I think he will succeed, but if he gets hurt the panthers need a veteran as the #2. Need a young guy as a 3rd Qb too. Gonna be an interesting offseason and FA.[/quote]

We still have Josh McCown, a very solid QB for a backup.

I think Josh would of saved the season had he not gotten hurt.

We need to get another young QB.[/quote]

I know not every team is gonna have a Manning or a Brees… but Josh McCown has bounced around for years hasn’t he? He hasn’t proven much in his career that I know of. So it’s like we take a loser on another team and hope he’s good for us. Don’t like that method for quarterbacks.

I still say we shoulda got old man Jeff Garcia. We should sign Favre to a one year.