Panthers Implosion

Good, bad or indifferent for the future of football with the Charlotte 49ers?

lets say they go 2-14, followed by a season long lockout, which is very likely. I can see a stadium under construction and a big name hire for the niners, along with years of unwatchable panther football (either from lack of talent or no games) and the appetite for football, especially non-pro would grow.

If we were trying to go FBS quickly and fill up a 50,000 seat stadium I could see some benefit to the Panthers sucking. Otherwise what happens to the Panthers means zero to us unless they ever left Charlotte.

For casual fans maybe - but I think it does provide a chance to reach out to football fans. I donā€™t think it will have a huge impact - but it is not going to hurt that if you want to watch football live taht isnā€™t high school we will be an option. We did try to market around coming out to basketball games after the Hornets left town so hopefully we have something prepared from a marketing stand point.

For casual fans maybe - but I think it does provide a chance to reach out to football fans. I donā€™t think it will have a huge impact - but it is not going to hurt that if you want to watch football live taht isnā€™t high school we will be an option. We did try to market around coming out to basketball games after the Hornets left town so hopefully we have something prepared from a marketing stand point.
[/quote]

How did that work out for us? Iā€™m all for doing whatever is needed to put asses in seats, but I donā€™t see any opening to get current Panther ticket owners to also buy our tickets. They either already are or they arenā€™t. OUR on the field performance will determine the numbers of people wanting to buy our season tickets, not the Pantherā€™s. I just donā€™t see any benefit to the 49ers if the Panthers are bad. As a fan of both, Iā€™d like to see a closer and more cooperative relationship between both organizations.

[/quote]

How did that work out for us? Iā€™m all for doing whatever is needed to put asses in seats, but I donā€™t see any opening to get current Panther ticket owners to also buy our tickets. They either already are or they arenā€™t. OUR on the field performance will determine the numbers of people wanting to buy our season tickets, not the Pantherā€™s.[/quote]

Well I think we picked up a few folks at a few games. I remember hearing people on the radio ta;k about visiting Halton. The problem wasnā€™t we werenā€™t able to sustain any success once we got them out. Like I said I donā€™t think it will be a huge impact because I expect the Panthers to be playing fine football by the time we have a team on the field. The point though is lack of competition for entertainment dollars isnā€™t a bad thing for us.