Panther's Jarrett charged with DWI

With the amount of PT Jarrett has gotten, he might as well be a rookie. He’s started 3 games his entire career, and with this passing game anyone other than Steve Smith is screwed, especially the 3rd receiver. Seriously, you think Delhomme or Moore were going to progress from Smith->Muhammad->Jarrett? Our offensive line couldn’t pass block that long to save their lives.

The passing game will always be garbage until John Fox is gone. I’m not going to judge this guy because his coach can’t do his job in teaching his QB how to look at more than 1 guy every play.

I’m not arguing he is good, or that he has been worth his money. I’m arguing that he hasn’t even had the opportunity to prove he sucks. Keary Colbert, now THAT guy sucked.

With the amount of PT Jarrett has gotten, he might as well be a rookie. He’s started 3 games his entire career, and with this passing game anyone other than Steve Smith is screwed, especially the 3rd receiver.

I’m not arguing he is good, or that he has been worth his money. I’m arguing that he hasn’t even had the opportunity to prove he sucks. Keary Colbert, now THAT guy sucked.[/quote]

So you’re saying 4 year guy who still cannot learn the playbook and has 2 DWIs deserves a chance? Any other job he would be gone so get out of here with that garbage of an argument. Jarrett has been given plenty of chances, cut your losses move on. Despite Colbert’s suckage, he at least had one decent rookie year.

Who said he can’t learn the playbook? I’m not going to base my opinions on hearsay. Our passing game is probably one of the simplest in the league, so I have a hard time believing he couldn’t figure out “run a slant” or “run a hook” or “go long”.

Plenty of people get DWIs. If you want to be really morally outraged, what about all the other players in the NFL that are superstars? Vick murdered dogs, tied up female dogs on rape stands, and tortured them. Ray Lewis killed a person. Ben Roethlisberger raped a girl. DWI is the least of my concerns with NFL players.

There’s no doubt he’s gone from Carolina, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t go somewhere else and turn into a half-way decent receiver.

You should be mad at this joke of a coaching staff we have. Dwayne Jarrett is hardly enough to be concerned about. He isn’t even making that much, he was only a 2nd rounder. You realize we traded a second rounder for Armanti Edwards and the guy can’t even catch punts?

He’s been cut, per Adam Schefter on Twitter

Who said he can’t learn the playbook? I’m not going to base my opinions on hearsay. Our passing game is probably one of the simplest in the league, so I have a hard time believing he couldn’t figure out “run a slant” or “run a hook” or “go long”.

Plenty of people get DWIs. If you want to be really morally outraged, what about all the other players in the NFL that are superstars? Vick murdered dogs, tied up female dogs on rape stands, and tortured them. Ray Lewis killed a person. Ben Roethlisberger raped a girl. DWI is the least of my concerns with NFL players.

There’s no doubt he’s gone from Carolina, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t go somewhere else and turn into a half-way decent receiver.

You should be mad at this joke of a coaching staff we have. Dwayne Jarrett is hardly enough to be concerned about. He isn’t even making that much, he was only a 2nd rounder. You realize we traded a second rounder for Armanti Edwards and the guy can’t even catch punts?[/quote]

If he knew the playbook, he would be on the field. It’s that simple. He has all the talent in the world (see USC years) he just doesn’t want to do the work but I guess that’s the coaching staff’s fault. Even Steve Smith has acknowledged the guy is way behind and I’m pretty damn sure he knows more about playing the position than all of us combined. Also, who compared him to Rape, Double Murder, and Pitbull? His crimes are not nearly as serious but they are still detrimental to the franchise which is notorious for asking players to live to higher standards than other franchises. Again, please stop comparing him to rookies (2nd time in this thread). He isn’t a rookie. When LaFell and Edwards are in their 4th year then we can bring that subject up.

RT @mikecranston1: #Panthers have claimed Clowney to replace released Jarrett

I wouldn’t be surprised to find out he was black-balled by the organization after his first DWI.

There is 0 evidence he doesn’t know the playbook. When have you seen him play long enough to know whether he can get open or not? What other WR is open on our team besides Steve Smith occasionally? You ever think that’s a system problem and not a player problem? Too bad John Fox won’t be here long enough to ruin Brandon LaFell’s career.

There is 0 proof he sucks other than assuming John Fox is justified in not playing him. I’m glad you have faith in John Fox. ???

PS: You can thank Jerry Richardson for being too cheap to bring in a veteran so I can’t compare Jarrett to anyone besides rookies, I guess.

Dude, I bow down to your dogged adherence to the role of contrarion. Anybody that willing to take up for such a lost cause is beyond dedicated. You’re amazing.

The guy was going to be given the oppurtunity this weekend to show what he can do with Steve Smith out and how does he respond he gets a DUI (his second one at that).

Whether he has been given a fair shake or not he showed what kind of person he is and the Panthers will be better off without him.

I can’t care no matter how hard I try. I turned the Panthers off before the first game this year. Short of a 12-0 finish I don’t think I can turn my fandom for them back on now till Draft Day.

[quote=“cdsniner, post:29, topic:24017”]The guy was going to be given the oppurtunity this weekend to show what he can do with Steve Smith out and how does he respond he gets a DUI (his second one at that).

Whether he has been given a fair shake or not he showed what kind of person he is and the Panthers will be better off without him.[/quote]
I agree with this.

Apparently he can catch a beer better than a ball. :))

How can we cut any receive, even if he’s Satan himself, when we’re short of man power in the WR dept.?

Oh & Jarrett has the $ for a cab/limo/pay a friend to wake up at 3 in the morning to get your a55.

There have been lots of players that for some reason never get a chance in many sports. I always wondered why a Coach would intentionally screw someone. I like Fox, & don’t like Dui’s, but Jarrett never did get a chance.

whoa, you like Fox? How is that possible? Life will go on without Jarrett. Don’t be surprised to see Rosario lined up wide even more than usual.

Jarrett was slow and unable to get separation.

[quote=“Niner National, post:35, topic:24017”]Jarrett was slow and unable to get separation.[/quote]From DB’s or the Police?

i’m not a catholic, but i’d be glad to hand a st. jude medal to DJ as he closes the door behind himself.

Maybe eason isn’t so contrarian as I too am a Jarrett supporter (not of his conduct off the field however). I believe the kid has never been given a shot … and before anyone shoots off about his “4 years here” - why don’t you look at the number of times the guy’s been targeted. He’s never been given the chance on gameday - they f*ed that up this year by letting two assclown rookies start ahead of him.

This is probably a different story if they would have let Jarrett start from day 1 - tell him it’s his job to lose. There is no one in their right mind that believed David Gettis was more prepared for the start in week 2 than Jarrett - at least let the kid have that shot.

I believe he can goto Seattle and be successful - no hall of famer, but a solid 2.

All of that said, there is no excuse for this DUI shit. He really needs to grow up. There is also no need for the constant crucifixion this guys had from the assclowns on the radio or the “fans” here in Charlotte. Again … how many times have you seen him drop a pass?

so…Randy Moss traded to the Vikings for a THIRD ROUND PICK!!! WHERE IN THE HELL WERE WE DURING THAT ONE?

…oh, i forget, here in Carolina we don’t like stars…we like to stay out of the headlines. We don’t like players. We like wannabes.

[quote=“HXC Niner, post:39, topic:24017”]so…Randy Moss traded to the Vikings for a THIRD ROUND PICK!!! WHERE IN THE HELL WERE WE DURING THAT ONE?

…oh, i forget, here in Carolina we don’t like stars…we like to stay out of the headlines. We don’t like players. We like wannabes.[/quote]Not a cost effective move for the Big Cat.