Panthers Season Predictions

I figured since preseason is over and roster cuts have happened and it’s opening weekend this weekend, i would post this to see what everyone’s season predictions are for the Panthers.

I will say that the that they will finish 9-7 or 8-8. With the loss of Kemoeatu, and the linebackers being banged up and an unsure secondary i just don’t know how the defense will be. Plus you can never predict how consistent Peppers will be. The offense should be about the same as last year. I’m a die-hard panthers fan, but i’m not ready to drink the kool-aid just yet

…what’s everyones thoughts for this season?

What is their over / under for wins this season?

I think 9-7. There is still a great deal of talent on this team, don’t forget that. The schedule is what gives me the sense that there will be quite a few losses. There could be a couple of games where they shock me but I am going to say 9-7 and a possible wild card berth with the NFC south being tight.

See the sig. 7-9 is best case.

What is their over / under for wins this season?

I heard the over/under was 8 back in july on wfnz, and I think it will be 8-8, tough sched, not deep…welcome to Charlotte Bill Cowher.

I heard the over/under was 8 back in july on wfnz, and I think it will be 8-8, tough sched, not deep...welcome to Charlotte Bill Cowher.

touche sir…and if Bill Cowher isn’t game to coach in carolina remember Jon Gruden and Mike Shannahan are without coaching jobs right now…but year i agree, we have a tough schedule. we have some tough away games and tough home games…at best i think we will be 9-7.

Everyone is sleeping on them…the entire division too. NFC South is right up there with the East as the two best divisions in football. Tough schedule but at least if they make the playoffs we’ll know how good we are before we face a tough team in the playoffs. Questions on defense…we definitely need to shore up the DT position. If we can stay healthy…I think we’ll do fine. The preaseason was hopefully the only defensive adjustment period that we needed for getting acclimated to the new system. But when you can run the ball like the Panthers can, that usually solves a lot of problems. I say 10-6.

Im pessimistic. I think all year injuries and depth will be a problem for them.

7-9 most likely. But, I’m leaning towards 6-10. Hope they prove me wrong. I hate when my team sucks, makes the NFL or college basketball, or whatever the sport, hard to stomach.

9-7

10-6

9-7… Really tough schedule.

11-5

I heard the over/under was 8 back in july on wfnz, and I think it will be 8-8, tough sched, not deep...welcome to Charlotte Bill Cowher.
Do they really need a new coach? They probably go to the super bowl without Peppers doing his usual disappearing act in the playoffs and Delhomme having possibly the single worst playoff performance in NFL history, right? I'd like to see how they do with a new qb, but Fox may not last that long.

I’d say 7-9 too, but I could see anywhere from 5-11 to 11-5 depending on how they react to last season’s choke.

Do they really need a new coach? They probably go to the super bowl without Peppers doing his usual disappearing act in the playoffs and Delhomme having possibly the single worst playoff performance in NFL history, right? I'd like to see how they do with a new qb, but Fox may not last that long.

I’d say 7-9 too, but I could see anywhere from 5-11 to 11-5 depending on how they react to last season’s choke.

For some reason i feel like if they have a losing season that Fox will be out. I felt like this to start the season last year…but i do agree, i can see them going anywhere from 5-11 to 11-5…

…On a side note, if i’m counting correctly the Patriots have two first round picks next year. What if we traded Peppers up there for the two first rounders after the season? And then use one of those picks to draft a QB.

7-9

I was gonna say 5-11, but I’ll say 6-10 cause I’m feeling saucy tonight (still pounding the 49cent Yuengling).

Schedule is brutal, and all the personnel changes need time to mesh.

8-8…No playoffs.Bye Bye FOX.

10-6 as well but of course i’m an eternal optimist when it comes to the panthers so i REALLY think we’re gonna win every single game.

10-6 assuming we’re done with injuries

if we’re plagued we’ll run 7-9 - this is assuming we lose a smith, d williams or stewart - as well as more defensive players. We lose jake it would be worse than that (don’t start that playoff game crap, get over it - I did).

if we have a losing season via the injury plague I don’t think Fox will be out. Richardson knows that as soon as Fox is let go he would be rehired quickly by another team. He’s a solid coach and doesn’t let us repeat a losing season - 3 of 7 seasons under Fox have been losing seasons, none of which came one year after the other. We’ll struggle to make the playoffs this year though because the South is looking strong.

Did hear something funny though - one of the local radio stations (WSOC I believe) was quoted saying something to the effect of “I predict at approximately 1:08 Sunday afternoon all diehard Panther fans will enter a state of a depression until next spring”

8-8