Panthers select Jimmy Clausen

Discuss. I think it was a savvy pick, personally.

a freakin steal if you ask me

Love his talent, hate his personality. Hope he does well though.

Very nice pick, great value, still a big need at WR, but there’s still plenty on the board. I suspect we’ll be able to grab Gilyard in the 3rd rd.

it is obvious that he was overhyped because of where he went to school, but getting him at #48 is amazing for the Panthers.

Great pickup for us

no brainer pick. if anything, it will push matt moore to become better. Something Hurney failed to do last time this year with Delhomme.

Now they need to get Jordan Shipley in the 3rd round if he is available.

LaFell is a great pick

Trade 2011 #2 for NE’s 3 and tke Armanti Edwards… I like what they have done

that 4.65 40 is a tad scary

I think the Panthers did very well. All 3 picks have an opportunity to excell and can be used right away (Clausen maybe later, maybe not).

Great job.

I’ll bet a year’s pay he is the starter a few games into the season.

that 4.65 40 is a tad scary[/quote]

Dez Bryant ran a 4.68 in his pro day :smiley:

I’ve seen LaFell compared to Bowe, I’d take that on the other side of Smith

I think that Jimmy Clausen is coming into an excellent situation. He has a great offensive line and a great running game he can depend on to take the pressure off of him. Plus he as one of the most dynamic receivers in the NFL. I believe that if he can beat Matt Moore (or as I call him Jake 2.0) out for the job, then he will have a better career than Sam Bradford. I think Bradford will be a total bust. He’s going into an awful situation in St Louis. Having no o-line is going to ruin his career the same way it did David Carr. The Jimmy Clausen pick was a no brainer. The one concern about him is that he’s a douchebag. But most athletes are, he should mature at some point and it shouldn’t be an issue.

I hope this gets him over his 'tude and realize he’s just a guy and he needs to prep and work to make up for this slight.
I like the pick though, but I bet the Panthers changed gears to make this happen.

Moore is going to be the starter.

I agree. it’s Moore’s spot to loose. This is his chance. Either way we are solid at the QB i think. I still worry about the WR position. Hopefully LaFell will pan out.