Parking Announcement

Not sure if everyone saw this but with two rewards games this weekend and the GW game next week, I wanted to make sure everyone saw this…

Due to construction at the new main entrance to the University, cars will [B]NOT[/B] be able to enter campus from the current main entrance located on Highway 49 beginning Monday, February 25. This will directly impact cars arriving on campus for the final two home men’s basketball games. An alternate route leading to the Cone/49erClub parking decks has been established as follows. If you have a 49er Club parking permit, please be sure you use this pattern for arrival to the games on March 1, 2 and 6.

[B][COLOR=darkgreen]All vehicles must enter campus using the athletic entrance on Highway 49 (Cameron Boulevard). [/COLOR][/B]There is no traffic light at this entrance so delays will be likely. Vehicles will be “sorted” prior to the turn onto University Road so it is very important that you place your 49er Club hangtag from the mirror prior to making the turn onto campus. Vehicles with the appropriate 49er Club hangtags will be directed to turn right onto University Road and then left into the Cone Decks. Vehicles without a 49er Club hangtag, vehicles needing handicap parking or vehicles with a special SAC Northwest lot permit will be directed straight to the West Deck/Handicap/Northwest lot parking areas.

All traffic will exit campus as normal with 49er Club vehicles exiting through the old main entrance. This exit will be down to one lane so delays are probable. In addition, the road will likely be bumpy due to construction so exiting will be slow.

Alternate parking is available in the Union Deck located on Cameron Boulevard. This deck is located further away from the arena but entry and exit will be much faster from this deck.

[URL=http://facilities.uncc.edu/maps/files/InteractiveUnccCampusMap.pdf][B][U][COLOR=DarkGreen]Campus map[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]

Thanks for the update on the entrance. The 49er Club Deck isn’t even worth parking in because it takes about 30 minutes to get out every single game. Why this massive construction project in the middle of the school year and basketball season instead of during spring semester anyways?

[QUOTE=DB49er;299028]Why this massive construction project in the middle of the school year and basketball season instead of during spring semester anyways?[/QUOTE]

Better during Basketball season than football season… :biggrin:

Thanks for the update on the entrance. The 49er Club Deck isn't even worth parking in because it takes about 30 minutes to get out every single game. Why this massive construction project in the middle of the school year and basketball season instead of during spring semester anyways?

bc someone didnt get their job done on time

[QUOTE=DB49er;299028]Thanks for the update on the entrance. The 49er Club Deck isn’t even worth parking in because it takes about 30 minutes to get out every single game. Why this massive construction project in the middle of the school year and basketball season instead of during spring semester anyways?[/QUOTE]
I keep reading about all these parking issues getting out of the Cone Decks. I’ve had zero problems getting out all season (and no, I’ve not left early to beat the rush).

just park in martin village. theres always parking, easy get out, and hey! you get to walk throug campus!

Isn’t there a new deck where the practice soccer field and track use to be? Anyone know how quickly it lets out?

Isn't there a new deck where the practice soccer field and track use to be? Anyone know how quickly it lets out?

Yes, Union - and it has 2 entrance/exits - I would assume it lets out alright. it is big though

Union deck lets out pretty quickly. I’ve only had problems for one game this season.

park at brocker. youre out in 10 seconds

[QUOTE=HP49er;299035]I keep reading about all these parking issues getting out of the Cone Decks. I’ve had zero problems getting out all season (and no, I’ve not left early to beat the rush).[/QUOTE]

HP, where do you park in the Cone decks? I’m on top and after a couple of games it has really taken a while to get out. Of course, those will seem like nothing now that the front entrance is closed off. So I will be looking elsewhere to park for the final 2 games.

[QUOTE]Why this massive construction project in the middle of the school year and basketball season instead of during spring semester anyways?[/QUOTE]

It was originally scheduled to start last summer, then got bumped to late fall because of funding problems. Harris Teeter came on board at the last minute and provided the funding for the first level of the project. Pretty much a case of grab the money and start construction now, before anything changes.

[QUOTE=DB49er]Why this massive construction project in the middle of the school year and basketball season instead of during spring semester anyways? [/QUOTE]

I asked the same question in November. It’s a great time of year to be doing grading work. See this thread:

[URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18140][B][U][COLOR=DarkGreen]Front Field???[/COLOR][/U][/B] [/URL]

[QUOTE=HP49er;299035]I keep reading about all these parking issues getting out of the Cone Decks. I’ve had zero problems getting out all season (and no, I’ve not left early to beat the rush).[/QUOTE]

Are you on the bottom or top of the Cone Deck, HP? I’ve had problems on the top deck. The Xavier and Richmond games were the worst for me. Took 20 minutes to reach the front entrance for each, and it usually takes me 5 when I get in my vehicle. It’s a culmination of issues, but most stem from the construction. I noticed at those two games, cars were coming up from the West Deck while the Cone Decks were letting out. They are not supposed to go that way, and should be made to turn around or sit there until the Cone Deck empties. The cops were allowing them through at times, which stops the whole Cone Deck.

I’m in the lower level of the deck or the second level. Haven’t parked in the upper deck this season.

[QUOTE=HP49er;299244]I’m in the lower level…[/QUOTE]

nuff said.

I park on the upper level and know several ppl on the lower level. We’ve compared notes. More issues on upper level.

I have encountered delays while parking in the Union deck twice this season. One was Davidson, where there were tons of people driving. The other was Richmond.
While the Union deck is has two entrances/exits one is for the upper two levels of the deck, and the other is for the 4 lower levels. The 4 lower levels is where it takes forever to get out if you are on level 2 or up because they do not let enough people out onto Cameron Blvd.
I now park in a secret location.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;299259]nuff said.

I park on the upper level and know several ppl on the lower level. We’ve compared notes. More issues on upper level.[/QUOTE]

I park on the upper level every game. We leave after the final buzzer of each game, and we don’t sprint to the car as we have a 7 month old. I can honestly say that we’ve only experienced maybe a 1-2 minute delay in getting out of campus when compared to last year.

There is also a sign on 49, coming from Harris blvd side. Just saw it.