Parking For Thursday?

light railā€¦then againā€¦

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;271397]On street parking is usually prohibited in the vicinity of the arena for arena events (this includes Tryon Street).

[/QUOTE]

The meters right next to the arena are prohibited, but most outside of 2 blocks of the arena are open.

I work in the Hearst Tower and parking in there is $5. also close to all drinking establishments.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;271424]The meters right next to the arena are prohibited, but most outside of 2 blocks of the arena are open.[/QUOTE]
Parking on College, Tryon, 5th and 6th is usually unavailable. On-street parking on Church Street is usually available.

[QUOTE=EJNiner;271448]I work in the Hearst Tower and parking in there is $5. also close to all drinking establishments.[/QUOTE]
There is also ITC (Holiday Inn), the Founders Hall parking deck (both right beside arena), and IJL parking deck (6th Street between Tryon and Church). ITC and Founders Hall deck may charge $10, but the other ones will probably charge $5.

[QUOTE=kevinharbin;271256]Since Iā€™ll be coming up from 485 anyway I have decided (as much as it hurts to do so) to park at the station and ride the train up to Bobcats arena. Should save a good deal in time and money.[/QUOTE]

Why would it hurt to ride the Light Rail? Cheaper (unless your have free parking), no traffic, and drops you off right by the arena.

This thread is a waste to me.