Paul Harris - 2006

looks like we are still on his list after all. i was thinking he had dropped us from consideration. he is a 6’4 220lb sg/sf. eddie basden type player it looks like from his video reel on rivals.com

once again, this is due to a Dalonte connection :smiley:

btw he is the 15th ranked player in the class of 06

Nice JJ story on him.

Here’s a big what if - Harris, Beasley & Nolan Smith in 2006? :o

Go Dalonte! Sign’em up! B)

Here is the original posting on him…
Paul Harris discussion

Syracuse is the favorite, while Pitt is also in consideration. Illinois and Ohio State is still in the mix while he hopes to hear from Chapel Hill. Appears we are out of it (again) for him, particularly since we have a verbal from Jerrell Jamison.

[i]Originally posted by 49erblh[/i]@Oct 18 2004, 06:30 PM [b] Appears we are out of it (again) for him, particularly since we have a verbal from Jerrell Jamison. [/b]
yay for juco players that probably arent as good and cant stay as long
[i]Originally posted by H-Niner[/i]@Oct 18 2004, 06:40 PM [b] yay for juco players that probably arent as good and cant stay as long [/b]
steve francis was a JUCO player. i know jamison isnt gonna be a super stud like francis, but im just saying you cant say a player isnt as good just because he is a JUCO

other than nick van exel name me one more, i can name you a couple non juco stars…shaq, jordan, magic, vince carter, carmelo anthony, dwayne wade.

ill take a sean colson any day

[i]Originally posted by H-Niner[/i]@Oct 18 2004, 10:16 PM [b] other than nick van exel name me one more, i can name you a couple non juco stars.....shaq, jordan, magic, vince carter, carmelo anthony, dwayne wade. [/b]
Larry Johnson
[i]Originally posted by H-Niner[/i]@Oct 18 2004, 10:16 PM [b]other than nick van exel name me one more, i can name you a couple non juco stars.....shaq, jordan, magic, vince carter, carmelo anthony, dwayne wade.[/b]
do you want us to recruit NBA stars or college stars? Yes, guys with NBA potential are nice, but I would take Eddie Basden over Rodney White anyday. JUCO players keeps up competitive year after year by filling in gaps. We are in trouble when we lean on JUCO players to start and carry our team, but as fill in role players they are very much needed for our team. Look at this year's team, 4 starters will be guys we got right out of HS(Plavich as a transfer) and then we have 2/3 role playing JUCOs off the bench that will be needed but we aren't going to need them to win us games. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have an experienced guy like Nance behind Iti than a freshman who would get in as much foul trouble as Iti. JUCO players are the glue that holds our team together, without them we would be paper thin up front and would be lucky to get 15 wins.

Chris Anderson of the nuggets- JUCO, Bob McAdoo, NBA great, JUCO, before he went to UNC that is. I agree that JUCO players usually aren’t meant to be the stars, they are the embodiment of role players usually. Every now and then they may be stars but in today’s college basketball, role players are almost harder to find, just ask Rashad “I live in a baby blue prison” McCants.

Oklahoma St. University lives off JUCO’s and Transfers. Eddie Sutton is a heck of a lot more successful than 99% of NCAA Coaches.

What is the latest on this guy. Are we out of the running. Sporting News listed him as one of the top 10 guy still available for 2006.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Jul 23 2005, 09:25 PM [b] What is the latest on this guy. Are we out of the running. Sporting News listed him as one of the top 10 guy still available for 2006. [/b]
we have no shot. we may as well be recruiting OJ Mayo :(

He announced this weekend at the Vegas tourney that he is headed to Syracuse.

“I committed to Syracuse and I’m going to have a press conference when I get back in a couple of days.”