Penn St BB coaching search

What has a better chance of happening?

ECU making the NCAAs or StillJonesing getting a life?

maybe its the alcholol in me but lets give stilljonesing a break. i have seen many a jerk opposing fan come on here and run their mouth but he just seems to be optomistic about his team without bashing our team. if he think bowden will help his team then good for him. i think we all need to focus our hate on the real enemies, and not the ecu fans who dont really seem to hold ill will against us. trust me, there are plenty of ecu fans worse than him who want our football program to fail. we can all understand, especially for the past few seasons, what its like to be optimistic and then be let down. i think our optimism is going to pay off and maybe theyres will too.

I think what bugs me most about SJ is his responses are almost always too long AND I don’t care about what he has to say that much. I guess others care enough to be reading all of it, but its generally not written well, and it is always so much longer that what you would expect from someone whose opinion is clearly not that important (here). I recommend the inclusion of “tl;dr:” in future SJ posts.

And he didn’t change “we” to “ECU.”

No.[size=0.7em] ; )[/size]

From what I’ve heard we will be playing you guys on a yearly basis so perhaps more of a rivalry will develop in the future now that Lebo has us relevant. I actually don’t see Bowden starting anymore. When we signed him we had 2 new starters on the wings but both were solid last year. If he does beat them out then things are looking really good.

I still think you guys need to adjust expectations if you don’t believe 19 wins /top 70 is a good season. Charlotte and ECU don’t have top 70 support or resource. We also don’t play in a power conference like old CUSA was anymore either which also helped attract talent. If you are expecting NCAA’s on a yearly basis that’s really unfair expectations because even top 70 is overachieving some.

From what I’ve heard we will be playing you guys on a yearly basis so perhaps more of a rivalry will develop in the future now that Lebo has us relevant. I actually don’t see Bowden starting anymore. When we signed him we had 2 new starters on the wings but both were solid last year. If he does beat them out then things are looking really good.

I still think you guys need to adjust expectations if you don’t believe 19 wins /top 70 is a good season. Charlotte and ECU don’t have top 70 support or resource. We also don’t play in a power conference like old CUSA was anymore either which also helped attract talent. If you are expecting NCAA’s on a yearly basis that’s really unfair expectations because even top 70 is overachieving some.[/quote]

And I still think you are wrong. This program was a beast a few short years ago and I refuse to believe that we can’t make NCAA Tourneys at least 2 out of every 4 yrs and an NIT one of the years we don’t make that.

If we can’t do that, I would prefer to join the SoCon and have local rivals and be in a better position for Baseball and in the future Football.

I still think you guys need to adjust expectations if you don’t believe 19 wins /top 70 is a good season. Charlotte and ECU don’t have top 70 support or resource. We also don’t play in a power conference like old CUSA was anymore either which also helped attract talent. If you are expecting NCAA’s on a yearly basis that’s really unfair expectations because even top 70 is overachieving some.[/quote]

If you think Charlotte and ECU should have the same expectations, try raising yours a LOT more, or making a tournament this millennium.

ECU are not relevant. Not making the tournament makes you irrelevant. The NCAA Tournament is the only tournament that can be referred to as ‘the tournament.’ The CIT CBI CWHOGIVESASHIT does not confer relevancy. Nor does the NIT. The NIT just means you suck less amongst the irrelevant than others.

ECU are not relevant. Not making the tournament makes you irrelevant. The NCAA Tournament is the only tournament that can be referred to as ‘the tournament.’ The CIT CBI CWHOGIVESASHIT does not confer relevancy. Nor does the NIT. The NIT just means you suck less amongst the irrelevant than others.[/quote]

I knew it was only a matter of time.

What from Lebo’s past makes you think he will be successful, his 2 NIT quarterfinal appearances? serious question

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Lebo

Everhart is one of the candidates to replace DeChellis in Happy Valley.

PittsburghLive.com: Duquesne’s Ron Everhart to interview at Penn State

ESPN.com: Sources: Penn St. set to interview four

I don’t see all time top 20 programs like Louisville, Cincy, or Marquette in our gyms anymore. The whole power conference dynamic of old CUSA has changed and with it recruiting. I think that’s plenty evident since you moved to the A10 because Lutz didn’t just forget how to coach/recruit 5 years ago. There are certainly a lot of teams in the nation with better resources/ conferences affiliation/ facilities etc than either of us. To get one of the 30 or so auto bids would be far overachieving at this point with given resources/conf affiliations.

With how we finished last year and what we return I think we are a NIT caliber team and probably get into the bubble conversation next march. I don’t think that’s low expectations in year 2 for Lebo. What’s your expectations next year?

Moving forward we both have similar conferences/support/basketball resources and new coaches. You certainly have had better tradition in the past , but it didn’t matter last year for either of our new coaches. All the coaches and players that succeeded or failed at our schools in the past are gone and the conference situations and commitment level of the past has changed too.

NC State’s been living on their national championship tradition for almost 30 years now, things can change.

Look at the programs he took over, all very tough jobs. Auburn was on probation 3 of the 6 years he was there but he did win 24 games one year which was 2nd most in their schools history. Tennessee Tech hadn’t won 20 games in 50 years and won only 8 game the year before he took ove. He won 27 in his last year there. Last year he took us from #235 RPI to #96 in one year. Those are huge turnarounds and it’s pretty clear he can be successful at this level. Multiple sources confirmed Penn State was after him so he can’t be too bad and it looks like he turned them down, and is interested in building something here.

Somehow you’ve managed to shine a turd. Congratulations.

[i]Also, East Carolina coach and Carlisle native Jeff Lebo and Drexel coach Bruiser Flint already had withdrawn their names from consideration [/i] Read more: Duquesne coach Ron Everhart to interview at Penn State - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review [url=http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_739644.html#ixzz1NzjM5LZr]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_739644.html#ixzz1NzjM5LZr[/url]
That turd coached a #235 ranked RPI team to #96 in his first year. He also just turned down a Big 10 school from his home area that was in the NCAA's last year. That's a good indication of the potiental of this job, where he thinks we are headed, and that he wants to be here long term. Lebo said on the radio last week that 47 schools called about playing us last year, and this year he has had 1 call about playing. No secret in the coaching community what he's doing around here either and that we are going to be pretty good next year.

[quote=“2k, post:30, topic:25459”]What from Lebo’s past makes you think he will be successful, his 2 NIT quarterfinal appearances? serious question

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Lebo[/quote]

Post season play is what makes you relevant. He still hasn’t done it, no matter how “awesome” a coaching job he has done.

There are crappy MEAC teams with losing records that go to the NCAA’s almost yearly. How is this really a good standard when just getting hot and winning 3 games in a low major conference tourny will accomplish this. You guys down Lebo but what has A. Major ever done in his coaching career to make you believe he can be successful. I’d rather have a coach that took over multiple tough situations and had some success than an unknown that didn’t even have recruiting ties to the area. How hard is it to look good as an assistant at Ohio State. The places he was at basically recruited themselves.

Well we fired a coach that had multiple 20 wins seasons, conf champs, NCAA appearances and was an alum so that should tell you that if Major doesn’t get the job done his ass will be out of here too.

Pretty simple really. You hired a coach that has never been great. He has been a run of the mill decent coach without any real success. We fired a coach that had seen real success but not of late and hired a fresh coach with a high level possibility. I guess what I am saying is we know Lebo isn’t that good. We don’t know if Major will end of being really good or not, but we didn’t hire him knowing he had sucked before.

I don’t know, because they all have lowly conference players, and beating the rest of them is an actual accomplishment. Comeback when Leeeeeeboooooooo has taken Herpes U to the the tournament.

Also, how much do you really know about keeping a series going? Don’t come onto our board and drop information you heard through your imaginary grapevine without backing it up.

Jonesing- our program has history before the old C-USA. We actually made tourneys many times before C-USA including a little something called the Final Four.

We had never been totally dependent on conference affiliation for our program.

I forgot the Lebo coached at crappy MEAC Teams… oh wait he coached at Tennessee Tech and Chattanooga, two teams from conferences that generally are a one bid league that fills out the 14th-16th seed slot. He didn’t make it. So shit he couldn’t even pull the crappy league thing out of his ass for a bid.

Nobody on here is touting Major. We know he is an asst. and will need to grow into his position. But Major has been a head coach for one year and has the same hardware on his shelf as Lebo has over the course of 13. It just gets tiring of the Lebo train you present in every other argument when he hasn’t done jack shit that he can hang a banner up about.