Peter Jennings dead at 67

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Aug 8 2005, 11:51 AM [b] What MK said.

I can’t believe people do things like this. I can’t think of anyone short of Bin Laden that I’d do this to. [/b]

yeah, I’m sure if some right wing hero died today (Rush) you would have nothing critical to say. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Aug 8 2005, 12:26 PM [b] NinerAdvocate, why are you so suprised? I called this last night when I heard he died. [/b]
The only thing I hate about how fashionable it is to be divisive in our society are the sheeple who gladly carry the banners. "Hurry, gotta kick the smear campaign off while the dirt's still fresh on his grave".

Even if, in your warped view, you saw Jennings as an enemy to America :wacko: , have respect for the guy’s life and family.

[i]Originally posted by metro+Aug 8 2005, 12:57 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (metro @ Aug 8 2005, 12:57 PM)

this is actually one of those value deaths, because he was a public figure and had lung cancer, i.e. raise lung cancer awarness and effects of smoking.

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Aug 8 2005, 11:56 AM [b] I heard positive comments about Jennings this morning including a kind remark from Secretary Rice. I think anyone could die from the 3 major networks along with CNN, and they would take a verbal beating upon their death from those on the far right. I am not saying that I think the media is fair and balanced. I believe all the networks including Fox carry some bias. But I am not sure some of the comments against Jennings are warrented after his death. [/b]
dude, any public figure with a slanted perspective will take criticism. You guys are being a little self righteous today. When Reagan died, I remember alot of criticism from the left.

I would try to think of a right wing media person to die to compare apples to apples, but I am not sure if a right wing media person has ever died.?

you guys are treating this like he is untouchable, he was a public figure, game on. You don’t scrutinize regular joe, but a network anchor with biaz is fair game when he dies.

Rush is on the same level as Jennings? You can love Rush Limbaugh all you want but that comparison is inane.

I don’t think he is untouchable. He did lean to the left in his reporting. I just think some of the comments are over the line. DUDE!

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Aug 8 2005, 11:59 AM [b] Well you're an asshole, what else is new?

Wanna pick out some winning lottery numbers while you’re at it Kreskin? I’ve got my eye on a nice private beach with a hefty price tag. [/b]

like I said, if Rush or Karl Rove were dead, you would pounce on him like stink on shit.

enough with the self righteous BS.

Karl Rove is a reporter? Well actaully I suppose he is when he is a constant source of leaks. :lol:

My 2 cents.

I’ve watched ABC news and NBC news almost exclusively. I never thought Peter Jennings ever portrayed the news in one extreme over another. Whatever his personal views, I enjoyed listening to his newscasts. He had a great voice, was very professional and avoided needless interjections of personal view.

[i]Originally posted by metro+Aug 8 2005, 01:05 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (metro @ Aug 8 2005, 01:05 PM)
[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Aug 8 2005, 12:02 PM [b] Rush is on the same level as Jennings? You can love Rush Limbaugh all you want but that comparison is inane.

I don’t think he is untouchable. He did lean to the left in his reporting. I just think some of the comments are over the line. DUDE! [/b]

I think you missed my point. I was not comparing Rush to Jennings in a broadcast sense.

you, Mk, and NA are agreeing that it is not proper to criticize someone when they die, that there is some “magic time table” that you have to adhere to before you can question them.

my point is that if a right wing icon died, you guys would be burying him asap(figuratively)

I like Charlotte 49ers basketball.

No Metro, I wouldn’t. I don’t crap on people on their deathbed or just buried. It’s immature and disrespectful.

It says something that this post was on the Ramblings forum when, after comments by you and NinerOne, it belongs on a political forum.

And this just in, not all of us see the world in black and white, “right vs left”, nor are we such adversarial jerks about it. Once again, you paint yourself as “right=right”, and everyone else as some kind of convenient “left=wrong”, for sake of your limited understanding. That includes MK, who is a staunch republican last I checked. Time to catch a clue.

Some of us… a lot of us… are beyond dumping on dead people. Sorry metro, nice try.

If either of the two you mentioned died tomorrow, if I was unable to think of something decent to say, I’d gasp not post.

Metro,

Not sure what shows you watched this morning, but Good Morning America had plenty of positive things to say about him. He was a very well respected journalist regardless of his personal views. I enjoyed his style and preferred him over anchors. I wish his family the best during this tough time.

Peter who?

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Aug 8 2005, 12:21 PM [b] It says something that this post was on the Ramblings forum when, after comments by you and NinerOne, it belongs on a political forum. [/b]
now what is interesting, is to state a fact of his life which i only did b/c of metro's original post about his values in his life, religious and not(not uncommon thing to look at in death) and for you to take it as an insult, especially when you share the same views as jennings did which is well documented in the evolution/bible thread. so by your over-reaction/hissy fit where thinking and comphrehension would be needed, you take offense for stating a fact of atleast one virtue you share which can only mean you are ashamed of your beliefs.

“pissing on his grave” as some claim here, would be if we made judgements like “he is in hell”, 'he was scumbag", “not shedding a tear for this idiot” and such…those judgements would be inappropriate…the first insult in this thread, typically, came from NA.

laurie dhue is hot B)

Thank you for the perfect example of what is wrong with this thread.

You crapped on a man’s grave because of your ridiculous partisanship. Then you tried to justify it with more BS partisanship. That’s embarassing to Niner fans.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Aug 8 2005, 12:21 PM [b] No Metro, I wouldn't. I don't crap on people on their deathbed or just buried. It's immature and disrespectful.

It says something that this post was on the Ramblings forum when, after comments by you and NinerOne, it belongs on a political forum.

And this just in, not all of us see the world in black and white, “right vs left”, nor are we such adversarial jerks about it. Once again, you paint yourself as “right=right”, and everyone else as some kind of convenient “left=wrong”, for sake of your limited understanding. That includes MK, who is a staunch republican last I checked. Time to catch a clue. [/b]

lol,
wtf ever. that self righteous kool aid is going down smooth today. You would trash Jerry Falwell, Rush, Rove, etc the second they died. (PM me on your lottery number, I’ll give it to you.)

anyway, this subject is beat. A public figure died, when you are a public figure, you are open to criticism, ask Ronald Reagan.

as for the ramblings/politics beef, that holds no water, anytime you bring up Jennings, politics is soon to follow, he was a political reporter.

[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Aug 8 2005, 01:50 PM [b] You would trash Jerry Falwell, Rush, Rove, etc the second they died. (PM me on your lottery number, I'll give it to you.) [/b]
The way you trash Judy at every opportunity?

It would be different if there was any precedent for your accusations, but as usual, it’s just you making stuff up.

You got called on your BS metro. Take it like a man, for once.