Peter Jennings dead at 67

ABC News: Peter Jennings dies at 67

Sad news in the world of journalism. I usually watch Brokaw (now Williams), but Jennings was a good one.

Hard to believe he went so far without ever graduating high school.

yeah I saw this tonight too…came as a shock to me

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Aug 8 2005, 12:56 AM [b] Hard to believe he went so far without ever graduating high school. [/b]
You obviously haven't been to high school lately. It's dumb.

I grew up on Peter Jennings in the eighties.

Fine Journalist.

[b]but Jennings was a good one. [/b]

this morning on the news, hardly anyone could find something nice to say about him. all I heard from those who knew him was, “demanding.”

I hate for anyone to die, but the guy was a Canadian-and I could be wrong but never became a US citizen, who often sided with the Palestinians, and frequently sided with the extreme left.

His death is somewhat analagous with the fall of the left wing monopoly on news the last 25 years. Jennings and Rather had the catbird seat- as to bringing us information, and squandered many Americans trust in the nightly news.

you forgot anti-christian metro, he was aitheist, racist and anti-semite also…i’ll keep what i really think to myself for a day to respect the dead.

The SouthPark guys got him good on several occassions, with so many to choose from they always picked out Peter Jennings for his bias…team america and some southpark episodes…I think they picked on him for being Canadian.

[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Aug 8 2005, 11:12 AM [b]
[b]but Jennings was a good one. [/b]

this morning on the news, hardly anyone could find something nice to say about him. all I heard from those who knew him was, “demanding.”

I hate for anyone to die, but the guy was a Canadian-and I could be wrong but never became a US citizen, who often sided with the Palestinians, and frequently sided with the extreme left.

His death is somewhat analagous with the fall of the left wing monopoly on news the last 25 years. Jennings and Rather had the catbird seat- as to bringing us information, and squandered many Americans trust in the nightly news. [/b]

Jennings held dual citizenship prior to, and at the time of his death.

Typical, Metro and NinerOne team up to bash one of the best foreign coverage journalists and news anchors in TV history, because of partisanship.

The two of you are warped. Just totally f***** in the head.

[i]Originally posted by NinerOne[/i]@Aug 8 2005, 11:18 AM [b] you forgot anti-christian metro, he was aitheist, racist and anti-semite also........ [/b]
Links? Proof?
[b]i'll keep what i really think to myself for a day to respect the dead.[/b]

Jesus, you’re a jackass. With an attitude like that, I won’t feel sorry when someone spits on your grave, which is sure to happen the way you act.

[i]Originally posted by NinerOne[/i]@Aug 8 2005, 10:18 AM [b] anti-christian, aitheist, racist and anti-semite [/b]
What does him being atheist have to do with anything? Is atheism a bad thing or is it just different from Christianity?

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate+Aug 8 2005, 10:46 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerAdvocate @ Aug 8 2005, 10:46 AM)

You said he was a “canadian” and a “leftist” and crapped on his grave, same as NinerOne. “Demanding”? Describes a bunch of people I know you would call personal heroes. It’s a demanding profession.

I don’t care about the man’s politics at all. If he were a commie, I would not share his political views. But he was the best TV anchor and foreign news correspondent I’ve known. By that I mean that I trusted him the way my parents trusted Cronkite. And I enjoyed watching his newscasts because they were “world” news. He was professional and well liked by his audience.

Smearing him must have been on your daily talking points. At least NinerOne hit all the main ones. You’re not doing your job as a fundie extremist metro. Ann Coulter is gonna be pissed.

NinerAdvocate, why are you so suprised? I called this last night when I heard he died.

I wasn’t bashing, just stating facts that summed up what metro posted…you assume its bashing when in fact its merely stating facts of his life and how he chose to live…dying of lung cancer is horrible way to go and I wish his family the best, RIP Peter Jennings…I am however very glad he is no longer sitting on his perch along with Rather and brokaw, but there i’m speaking of his career and not his life.

NA once again proves what a dunce he is, and newsflash if you are anti-israel, pro-palestine and so forth which his bias there was/is long documented then it equals anti-semite…some have no problem with that and agree with that world view. use the tool known as google to enlighten yourself on his news reporting, or continue to be an ostrich.

[i]Originally posted by NinerOne[/i]@Aug 8 2005, 10:18 AM [b] you forgot anti-christian metro, he was aitheist, racist and anti-semite also........i'll keep what i really think to myself for a day to respect the dead. [/b]
It pains me that I get lumped in with you and metro on here. :ph34r:

I was no Jennings fan but it’s obsurd to me that you trample on his grave like this. Whether those things are true or not there will be a time to debate them. Now isn’t it.

Regardless of you agree with him or not he was a human being and he had a family and friends who will miss him. He isn’t Bin Laden for goodness sakes. Have some respect.

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner+Aug 8 2005, 11:39 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (MKNiner @ Aug 8 2005, 11:39 AM)

how is it trampling on his grave, he chose that way of life because it fit his values…he himself would not take it as an insult. well i’m sure he would never admit to the bias aspect. interesting how some intepret or in most cases pre-assume on here.

heck, he may not have been aeithiest or whatever in the end and I hope he wasn’t. knowing you are going to die gives one something to think about, all that said death is not a bad thing as he is no longer suffering.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Aug 8 2005, 11:25 AM [b] By that I mean that I trusted him the way my parents trusted Cronkite. [/b]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

god help us all

(oh thats right, you nor Jennnings think god exists, my bad)

What MK said.

I can’t believe people do things like this. I can’t think of anyone short of Bin Laden that I’d do this to.

I heard positive comments about Jennings this morning including a kind remark from Secretary Rice. I think anyone could die from the 3 major networks along with CNN, and they would take a verbal beating upon their death from those on the far right. I am not saying that I think the media is fair and balanced. I believe all the networks including Fox carry some bias. But I am not sure some of the comments against Jennings are warrented after his death.