Pfeiffer Box Score

We had 3 captains last year did we not? Eddie and Plavich were both captains, Iā€™m sure. Who was the other? Or is my memory shot from drinking too heavily?

I know its been said before, but half of our players looked asleep. No team is talented enough to win every game they play this season merely on talent alone.

Because of the makeup of the A10, there are more St. Louis caliber teams like St. Bonaventure, Rhode Island, and Duquense. St. Louis can beat us and has done so quite frequently in the past. Unless we play all out every game weā€™ll miss the NCAA tourney and deserve to miss it.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;137859]I agree with you guys. Very passive/lackadaisical. We need a floor leader, someone to get things organized on the court. I hope it was just one game.[/QUOTE]

I would like to hope that tooā€¦but Iā€™ve seen DOZENS of those performances throughout the years against: Kent St., Ohio, St Louis (multiple times), Davidson, St Bonny, etc.

We do it every year and use the same excuseā€¦ā€œMaybe that will be a lesson learned the hard way. Maybe we needed a loss like that to wake these guys up.ā€

We need some type of real leadership to get these guys focused and fired up for EVERY game no matter who we are playing. This may be the one glaring issue Iā€™ve had with Lutz over the years. Our teams NEVER seemed to be focusedā€¦nor do they play with a killer instinct. We play down to our competition and we play not to lose when we have a lead.

We have had the talent. We have had the preparation. Yet, we have ALWAYS lacked consistent focus, emotion and execution. That falls on the coach. (Other than thatā€¦I am a HUGE Lutz fanā€¦but this issue gripes my ass each yearā€¦so I had to ventā€¦sorry for the rant)

We do it every year and use the same excuseā€¦ā€œMaybe that will be a lesson learned the hard way. Maybe we needed a loss like that to wake these guys up.ā€

Experience teaches a dear school, but a fool will learn no other. And a mediocre basketball team canā€™t use the lesson.
2 points from Nance and Coleman at center, 1 goal from the three point line, same old free throw shooting, and Phiffer hanging with us in rebounding is a real dissapointment. If a four game losing streak hasnā€™t been enough to wake them, put a blanket over them and try not to disturb.

There is no need to over react to a pre-season game, however one thing is clear and it is that we are one injury away from being a very bad basketball team.

Other than Withers this team will struggle to score from anywhere on the floor. This squad is going to have to get it done with defense and rebounding and since Lutz has not yet been able to coach a disiplined defensive team here, I think skeptical is an appropriate word.

I hope this team become a physical defensive team that crashes the board from every position because that is what it will take in the A10.

If Withers stays healthy and DA & Bennett can provide some perimeter game to free Curt up, we should be able to score enough to be in position to win every game. Then it is on the defense.