Phaler

I just want to congratulate both Phaler and EJ having 100% field goal night :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Max Power;218079]What do you knowā€¦ he CAN shoot. Where has that been all year?[/QUOTE]
Echoā€¦

Iā€™m glad he could come into what he has been praised as all season. I hope he can keep it going the rest of the season and into next. He hit every shot, including the two free throws. And I have to say, Iā€™ve been wanting to like him all season becuase of the team player that I know he is. He and Ian are the first to greet the guys at time out, the first to jump up and the ones that look to love the game. I loved his pure intelligence to run off the court and hang with the cheerleaders when we had too many on the court! Brilliant! :toast: Good job Sean! Oh and thank you Sean for keeping Church from getting into more trouble with the official. I feel so much better about next season by seeing the play I saw last night.

Nice to see K-town flip-flopping.

David Scott posted a Gold Mine blog entry on Phaler.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;218224]Nice to see K-town flip-flopping.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. I call 11 points in under a minute ā€œscoring in bunchesā€. Of course this is the first time it happened this year but heā€™s clearly capable. If he did that on a regular basis (or even 2 key shots a game) and Carlos played smarter, weā€™d be in business. Or if Jamison was healthy early in the seasonā€¦Or if Phil Jones was elgible. What could have been. We wouldnā€™t have been great but weā€™d be more like 15-9.

[QUOTE=KTown49er;218068]
I loved him at the point of our zone defense. His wingspn is a nightmare to work against if youā€™re a small guard trying to move the ball at the top with him standing there.
[/QUOTE]

His offense had me jumping up and down, but the above is what raised my eyebrows. He was causing all kinds of problems at the top of our 3-2. I would like to see him at the point of a 1-3-1 also. If his defense is as good as what he showed last night, the PT will be there next season and it will be well deserved.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner]If he did that on a regular basis (or even 2 key shots a game) and Carlos played smarter, weā€™d be in business. Or if Jamison was healthy early in the seasonā€¦Or if Phil Jones was eligible. What could have been. We wouldnā€™t have been great but weā€™d be more like 15-9.[/QUOTE]

Donā€™t tell the resident Doomsdayers on the board that. They will start a rant like the preachers at the Belk Tower against you. :smile: :tongue:

With the young team we may field next year we really need Phaler to be able to step in.

Nice to see K-town flip-flopping.

Dudeā€¦Iā€™m a Niner fanā€¦I get excited when a Niner does wellā€¦sorry.

As far as the flip-flopping goes: Remember he had ONE good appearance (compared to about 10 ugly ones) so the jury is still WAY out on this one. However, if his confidence has grown enough to make this the REAL Phaler going forward (and not simply a one-game anomoly)ā€¦I will GLADLYā€¦and I mean GLADLY lable myself a Flip-Flop.

To struggle as much as he hasā€¦if he can and does turn around his confidence and his gameā€¦I would admire him as much if not more than any other Niner. It takes a lot of character to face year-long adversity and yet keep fighting until you succede. And Iā€™ve said it beforeā€¦I would take character and heart players over talented ego players ANY DAY.

Iā€™m really pulling for himā€¦we need the Phaler from Tuesday night in a bad wayā€¦for this year and next.

Knowing my luck, however, it may just prove to have been one lucky nightā€¦and God, I really hope it wasnā€™t that.

If this group of guys (the entire roster) come together and play as a TEAM and use the potential they have ā€¦they could shake up the A10 come conference time. Wouldnt that be lovely!!!

The thing is; if you have a 6ā€™9 guy that can shoot the 3, you have a dangerous guy, bc nobody can guard him out there. I am not going to say heā€™s dangerous yet, bc he did it just once, for 6 min. against a less than mediocre team, but I will say that it was nice to see him finally show the reason he is in D-1 bball. Consistency is the key, though. We will see.

At the least, it renews hope that he can come off the bench for short stretches next year and give us some quick offense/matchup problems, and annoy a PG by playing out in front of our zone like he did. Those armsā€¦ lol. Itā€™s also comical how long they are.

If he can give us up to 10 minuts and 6 ppg next year, coming off the bench, then he will have served his purpose. What heā€™s supposed to be is a [nasty] changeup.

I read that article in the Utimes. Not a mention about Phaler. I thought that would of been the biggest news, considering the student section almost rushed the court so they could bow down and pray to phalerā€¦

but the ULL write up seemed very well wrtittenā€¦