Phil Jones - 2006 - C

Top 4 seems to be Florida State, Indiana, Charlotte, and Miami in that order. Visiting FSU this week, they already signed another big man took away his scholarship offer but offered again after alexander johnson went pro. He’s announcing this week.

any info on him?..could REALLLY use a big man for next season…rebounding will be KEY!

Jones is 6-10 260 lbs, ranked 106th out of 150 (3 star)

“I’m trying to go where I’m happy. If I visit Tallahassee and I like FSU and it’s right for me, then I’ll choose there. But if it’s Indiana or Charlotte, then I’ll go there.”

Last year, Jones averaged 19 points, 8 boards, and 4 blocks per game. Those stats would work well in the “center” heavy ACC.

wow, i would love to have this kid

We don’t have any openings for this season, do we?

Have we offered? We could definitely use this guy, but whose spot is he going to take?

Is this the kid from Patterson/Laurinburg?

[QUOTE=pcon;177034]Is this the kid from Patterson/Laurinburg?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

I’m not sure where we really stand on him, but he’s another example of someone UConn was “looking at” yet managed to be tops on the player’s list.

Rivals profile indicates we have offered.

http://charlotte.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=45871

Interesting…but with FSU, Indiana and Miami as his top 3…seems unlikely.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;177064]Interesting…but with FSU, Indiana and Miami as his top 3…seems unlikely.[/QUOTE]
We’ve beat out ACC teams for recruits before, there’s no reason it can’t happen again. The whole Sampson-OU thing might make him shy away from IU.

Where is this extra scholarship coming from? It sounds like we still have that offer to him on the table, but how?

do not know… I wonder though

im sure the coaches have a plan, fwiw i believe we’re 2nd or 3rd of his options

We've beat out ACC teams for recruits before, there's no reason it can't happen again. The whole Sampson-OU thing might make him shy away from IU.

Where is this extra scholarship coming from? It sounds like we still have that offer to him on the table, but how?

I know that it can happen, but, like I said, with those schools, it’s unlikely. Not that I wouldn’t absolutely love for it to happen…because I would.

Over on the IU board, one poster says that Jones is taking summer classes here…

http://mb4.scout.com/fiuinsiderfrm4.showMessage?topicID=4443.topic

that is weird, hopefully he sticks around. I wonder how that guy knew that though.

start the rumor mill, JJ do you know anything about this?

so was it ever confirmed that he was taking summer classes here? Did he make a decision yet?

Not second term, but maybe first term however I seriously doubt it.

isnt it time for him to be committing somewhere?

Still in the mix for Jones for this coming year.