Pick up a UTIMES today!!!

Here is the picture from the back page printed with the article today.

yeah…so i was definitely the photographer…ill be signing autographs later.

yeah...so i was definitely the photographer...ill be signing autographs later.

LoL beautiful picture

shame no one reads the UTIMES so I doubt the article will get seen by a mass audience.

What you can do is ransac the newsstands, take all the papers and fold them the opposite way. That way when people walk by and see CFI on the “frontpage” maybe they will pick one up. Or you can jsut take them all and physically hand them to people to better educate.

Looking at the paper now I see it does have a nice skybox on the frontpage trying to tease you to open it but students will not be compelled.

[QUOTE=A-10 bound;227483]shame no one reads the UTIMES so I doubt the article will get seen by a mass audience.

[B]What you can do is ransac the newsstands, take all the papers and fold them the opposite way. That way when people walk by and see CFI on the “frontpage” maybe they will pick one up. Or you can jsut take them all and physically hand them to people to better educate. [/B]

Looking at the paper now I see it does have a nice skybox on the frontpage trying to tease you to open it but students will not be compelled.[/QUOTE]
Brilliant! :toast:

clt endorses the new editor.

Some one is feeling like they are not getting enough attention. I guess he wants his legacy to be more than being credit card usage to UNCC. I guess it didn’t occur to Ben that with a title like “CFI makes strides toward ultimate goal,” that the article might actually be abouty the CFI.

[QUOTE]From: Student Body President
Sent: Wed 3/28/2007 4:18 PM
To: nocontent; noeditor; Univ. Times - Sports Editor; Univ. Times - Editor
Cc: George, John; Rose, Judy; Lynch, Chuck; Gill, Mandeep
Subject: Response to CFI Article

Dear University Times Staff,

I am writing with corrections for the March 27th UTimes article entitled “Charlotte Football Initiative makes strides toward ultimate goal.” SGA commends the student CFI chapter on the terrific job they have done, and continue to do, in raising awareness of the football topic on campus and throughout the community. Without their diligence, the discourse around campus would not be so prevalent. However, it was the Student Government Association that took the necessary steps to ensure students had an opportunity to voice their opinion by holding the official student football poll. Receiving the endorsement from the Chancellor & Athletic Director, creating the vote questions, designing the poll it self, and analyzing the results into a formal document, was all initiated, created, and completed by members of the Student Government Association. SGA thanks CFI for playing a pivotal role in publicizing the poll through their promotional flyers they passed out on campus which was key to a successful vote. However, failing to mention the efforts and hard work put in by members of SGA that eventually led to the highest voter turnout in the state, thus, providing a quantified student opinion for the administration, is not giving credit where credit is due.

Best regards,

Ben Comstock
President of the Student Body
Member of the Board of Trustees
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Office: (704) 687-4607
E-mail: sbpres@email.uncc.edu
Cone Center 369A[/QUOTE]

From: Student Body President Sent: Wed 3/28/2007 4:18 PM To: nocontent; noeditor; Char Observer - Sports Editor; Char Observer - Editor Cc: George, John; Rose, Judy; Lynch, Chuck; Gill, Mandeep Subject: Response to CFI Article

Dear Charlotte Observer Staff,

I am writing with corrections for the March 28th Charlotte Observer article entitled “Dunk gave 49ers confidence to advance” SGA commends Chad Kinch on the terrific dunk he did and in raising awareness of the Final Four topic on campus and throughout the community. Without his dunk, the discourse around campus would not be so prevalent. However, it was the Student Government Association that took the necessary steps to clean and raise the 1977 Final Four Banner. Receiving the endorsement from the Chancellor & Athletic Director, creating a vote, cleaning and raising the banner it self, and analyzing the results of the banner, was all initiated, created, and completed by members of the Student Government Association. SGA thanks Chad Kinch for playing a pivotal role in publicizing the Final Four banner raising through his promotional baskeball games played from 1976-1977. However, failing to mention the efforts and hard work put in by members of SGA that eventually led to the banner raising, thus, providing a quantified student opinion for the basketball program, is not giving credit where credit is due.

Best regards,

Ben Comstock
President of the Student Body
Member of the Board of Trustees
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Office: (704) 687-4607
E-mail: [COLOR=#004c26]sbpres@email.uncc.edu[/COLOR]
Cone Center 369A

Another letter by Ben Comstock demanding credit.

Some one is feeling like they are not getting enough attention. I guess he wants his legacy to be more than being credit card usage to UNCC. I guess it didn't occur to Ben that with a title like "CFI makes strides toward ultimate goal," that the article might actually be abouty the CFI.

I also find it funny how this is the first vote that broke the 2% mark, and the CFI was involved. I wonder… Did the Ben go out and get the highest voter turnout? Or was it the CFI… hmmmmmm…

:huhsign: Come on Benny… did ya have to make yourself look like an ass to everyone? (the responses I got from people who read that… hilarious… I think Ben even thinks those people like him!!!)

So, Mr. Comstock has decided that credit cards aren’t his largest achievment all of a sudden? Well, this article gave credit where it was due. Yes, SGA had mentioned it a few times, but it was CFIS that got it going, and anough publicity to clear the way for an SGA vote. You almost finished your term as a respectable guy, but this is a selfish scramble for attention.

What prompted this study? An overwhelming amount (38 percent to be exact) of students voted on the issue, the largest voter turnout ever for any school system in the state. The results? Nearly 80 percent of those that voiced an opinion voted to fund football. In comparison to the last SGA election where only two percent of students actually voted, the overwhelming vote for football shows that this is a growing issue in which students take an interest, and something must be done about it.

Largest turnout for any student vote in the state? And 80% want football. That sums it up.

Once again, my hat is off to Jim Duncan, Gill, and all the others (including the ^&%$# Observer) for their work on this.

Benny got enough credit in the 6 other articles that Utimes ran against the CFI

Dear Ben,

I also find it funny how this is the first vote that broke the 2% mark, and the CFI was involved. I wonder.... Did the Ben go out and get the highest voter turnout? Or was it the CFI.... hmmmmmm.....

:huhsign: Come on Benny… did ya have to make yourself look like an ass to everyone? (the responses I got from people who read that… hilarious… I think Ben even thinks those people like him!!!)

I’m sure it did take work to create the poll. And, for that, football supporters thank the “pivotal” role the SGA has played. However, just by posting a poll does not ensure results of any kind on any scale.

If it weren’t for the CFI, not many people would have known there WAS a poll, let alone vote for or against in it.

Bump

Just someone who thinks that the whole football initiative should have been his idea and his defining legacy as president. Well, last time I checked the initiative was already in place, it just needed the recognition from the University. Sucks for Ben, NOT!

[URL=http://www.nineronline.com/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticle&ustory_id=b263995d-8a42-453a-8138-4a512f724378]http://www.nineronline.com/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticle&ustory_id=b263995d-8a42-453a-8138-4a512f724378[/URL]

“CFI WANTS FOOTBALL, SGA WANTS PRAISE”

Some good comments have been posted.

[QUOTE=survivor45;228233][URL=http://www.nineronline.com/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticle&ustory_id=b263995d-8a42-453a-8138-4a512f724378]http://www.nineronline.com/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticle&ustory_id=b263995d-8a42-453a-8138-4a512f724378[/URL]

“CFI WANTS FOOTBALL, SGA WANTS PRAISE”

Some good comments have been posted.[/QUOTE]

That is hysterical…Keep up the comments.

LoL Best comments ever

didnt justin richie do more than ben anyways?