Pierria Henry Injury Updates

[quote=ā€œCha_49, post:20, topic:28449ā€]from Libby Weihsmann
-ā€œJust ran into Pierria Henry on campus (hes on crutches). said his knee popped out. Goes to doctor this afternoon.ā€[/quote]

I am not a doctor, but did find this info with a dislocation of the kneecap.

"What to Expect
You may have had a knee x-ray or an MRI to make sure your kneecap bone did not break and there was no damage to the cartilage or tendons (other tissues in your knee joint).

If tests show that you do not have damage:

Your knee may be placed in a brace, splint, or cast for several weeks.
You may need to use crutches at first so that you do not put too much weight on your knee.
You will need to follow up with your primary care provider or a bone doctor (orthopedist).
Most people recover fully within 6 - 8 weeks.
If your kneecap is damaged or unstable, you may need surgery to repair or stabilize it. Your health care provider will usually refer you to an orthopaedic surgeon."

[quote=ā€œCha_49, post:20, topic:28449ā€]from Libby Weihsmann
-ā€œJust ran into Pierria Henry on campus (hes on crutches). said his knee popped out. Goes to doctor this afternoon.ā€[/quote]
What the fuck is she doing running into guys on crutches. Women canā€™t drive or walk it seems

6-8 weeks??? Well crud. He has two before FSU and four before GT. 6-8 weeks would mean we donā€™t see him until conference play.

It certainly didnā€™t look like a simple knee bump from the crowd, so I definitely am anticipating worse.

With the way it looked yesterday, Iā€™d take a simple knee dislocation. We have to win the CUSA tourney anyway to get a tourney bid.

Why does something always happen as we are on the verge of being a Top 25 team? We really are cursed I feel. Either that or thin.

Pierria told me earlier this year when I asked about his knee that it pops out out of place and that he needed to work on strengthening it. However, the kid is tough as nails and I have never seen him in so much pain.

Agreed. How he went downā€¦the way he reacted. They way he was carried off and the way he limped to the locker room. All looked worse than a 2 week knee bump injury.

Have you not ever read the 10 Commandments of Niner Basketball???

We are not cursedā€¦itā€™s just our program and the way of Niner life!!

This threadā€¦

sounds like a knee arthroplasty to me. Possibly a double arthroplasty just to secure any lateral and bi lateral damage that may occur. Recovery time varies depending on the severity of damage to the supine region of the knee cap thingy.

Could even be worse too! Most likely worse just based on his reaction and what i saw and my years of diagnosing injuries iā€™ve seen on tv. Theres really just no way of knowing though. Short of going to a doctor and having a doctor diagnose you based off of science and medicine and such.

I heard he has pink eye. Questionable for Davidson.

why would you think that we have to win the tournament to get a bid? we have one very good wins and a couple decent ones with the opportunity for more. the conference is not great but i do not think that we have to win the conference tournament to get a bid.

I like how the NinerNation cool club hypocrites get their panties in a bunch when people speculate about something they are afraid to address on a message board. Oh the horror!!! But I guess itā€™s OK to speculate about wins or lossesā€¦but not injuries. Maybe redshirting or coaching strategies. What about player rotations or recruiting?

Hey modsā€¦can you create a process where we can get pre-approval on what we are allowed to discuss and speculate on while logged into NinerNation?

Nahā€¦letā€™s just completely outlaw any and all discussion as it relates to any type of speculation about anything. Obviously, message boards werenā€™t intended for thatā€¦unless you get an OK from the self anointed powers of said board.
Buy some new panties and donā€™t read it if it bothers you that much.

Damn!

This thread is both awesome and terrible.

The only part about this thread that is legit is the extension of Niner luck - regardless of how serious the injury is, we always seem to be fighting an uphill battle.

This thread is the only reason I am glad we donā€™t have a med school.

Heā€™s going to end up with a wrist injury and makes us all look like fools.

I think ā€œanger on message boardā€ is one of the 5 Internet stages of grieving. Iā€™d hate to see us fall into the other onesā€¦hope rests on Pierriaā€™s knee now.

Coach Lambert would be proud, thereā€™s a lot of folks posting on this thread like their hairā€™s on fire!