Pierria Henry Injury Updates

Might as well keep the facts in an easy to find thread… :frowning:

Hoping for the best.

Speculation says MRI tomorrow?

https://twitter.com/davidscott14/status/407320733723799552

Major: Henry banged knees with Asheville player, has doctor appt Monday. @Charlotte49ers

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:2, topic:28449”]https://twitter.com/davidscott14/status/407320733723799552

Major: Henry banged knees with Asheville player, has doctor appt Monday. @Charlotte49ers
[/quote]

I’ll take banging over twisting any day. Hope he recovers quickly and that it’s not serious.

Major didn’t sound like he was too concerned with a serious injury on the post game. Said PH would see the doctor tomorrow. Made a comment later to the effect of “we’ll see if PH can play Wednesday,” when Matt asked him about the Davidson game. Coach might just have his poker face on though. Injury looked serious from my vantage point, I hope it’s not as bad as it looks.

Yeah, if he’s not on his way to OrthoCarolina tonight then he’ll be OK.

Yeah, if he’s not on his way to OrthoCarolina tonight then he’ll be OK.[/quote]

That is my thought as well. Although I did not see it.

Could someone describe it?

Could someone describe it? Was he on the floor for a while, could he walk off on his own power etc.[/quote]

He was on the floor for a while and was carried off the floor by our players (I do not remember which ones).

Could someone describe it? Was he on the floor for a while, could he walk off on his own power etc.[/quote]

He was on the floor for a while and was carried off the floor by our players (I do not remember which ones).[/quote]

Thank you, edited mine after I read the Gmine report. That does not sound good at all. Much more worried than I was few minutes ago. :cry:

He was on the floor for a while and was carried off the floor by our players (I do not remember which ones).[/quote]

Thank you, edited mine after I read the Gmine report. That does not sound good at all. Much more worried than I was few minutes ago. :'([/quote]

I hope he misses little to no time, I’m going to wait for the report to come out whenever it does, but I’ll say hitting knees is a lot better than twisting or landing funny on a knee, hopefully it’s just a bad bruise and he recovers soon.

Maybe he did bump knees, but that wasn’t how it appeared. It was awkward and he was in pain.

Willie C. and Shawn L. carried him to the end of the bench. 5 minutes later, Lester limped into the dressing room.

i don’t have all the details, but if he hit another player’s knee, it’s likely to be a bad bruise rather than anything torn. a bruise can be painful enough to cause a leg break-down. but he’ll be be back. i’m expecting a pony!

ACL, MCL, and LTL tears are often not very painful. Neither are meniscus tears. Having a knee make contact with another object can be very painful. More severe damage to the patella can also be painful. Hopefully, it is only a bruise.

Anyone heard any updates on PH?

Its too early. I would not expect an update before 12:00 at the earliest. In all likelihood we will hear something by 5:00.

Its too early. I would not expect an update before 12:00 at the earliest. In all likelihood we will hear something by 5:00.[/quote]

Thx

From my angle (section 105, a few rows up), I couldn’t see contact with the defender on Pierria’s knee. I immediately thought it must be a tear of some kind because of the way he fell and the reaction he had to it.

On the bench, P was huddled over next to the team docs before he was helped into the locker room.

Again, it didn’t look good from my angle, but I’m praying and hoping for the best. Only a couple missed games and a bruise would be a huge blessing.

So, no news is good news???

from Libby Weihsmann
-“Just ran into Pierria Henry on campus (hes on crutches). said his knee popped out. Goes to doctor this afternoon.”