Pitino BUSTED!!!

Yo, yo, yo, I guess all the players that are troublemakers will go to UL.
“Hey guys, I’m going to UofL because I can bang all the hoochies I want, 'cause coach has a buy 9 get the 10th free clothes-hangar card!”

[QUOTE=J Felt;424543]Anybody think this could affect recruiting?

I don’t know how many parents, knowing this, wouldn’t want their kids to play for Pitino.[/QUOTE]

Maybe a select few.

I imagine the parents will be more interested in their kid getting to the NBA.

[QUOTE=J Felt;424543]Anybody think this could affect recruiting?

I don’t know how many parents, knowing this, wouldn’t want their kids to play for Pitino.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=VA49er;424546]Maybe a select few.

I imagine the parents will be more interested in their kid getting to the NBA.[/QUOTE]
[URL=http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20090813/COLUMNISTS02/908130379/1002/sports/Would+you+let+your+son+play+for+Pitino?][B][U]Would you let your son play for Pitino?[/U][/B][/URL], Eric Crawford, Louisville Courier-Journal

Anybody read the article by Jason Whitlock about the Pitino thing? It’s on MSN.com

Hilarious and I’m not a Whitlock fan as a rule.

[QUOTE=hootie;424502]Not following your thinking. I only said it seems like that is what some expect.

However, if you’re questioning my morals I’ll assure you I have never cheated on my wife.

My point is it’s none of your damn business whether or not I do or don’t.[/QUOTE]

My thinking is not that complex here. You said that people expect a Father Flanigan in sneakers. You are making an extreme reference and building up a straw man. You don’t need to be Father Flanigan to be faithful to your wife and kids. You just need to be honest, faithful and loyal. Is that too much to expect?

Who wants a leader without character? One who can’t set the example? To me those two things are key in leadership. We may disagree on this but don’t label anyone who disagrees wanting a “Father Flanigan”. I just choose not to apply situational ethics and hold the bar at character and integrity.

[QUOTE=HP49er;424555][URL=http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20090813/COLUMNISTS02/908130379/1002/sports/Would+you+let+your+son+play+for+Pitino?][B][U]Would you let your son play for Pitino?[/U][/B][/URL], Eric Crawford, Louisville Courier-Journal[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I wouldn’t send a son to Pitino for Sunday School class. And if we tell our kids to emulate any sports figures today, we do so at our own risk.

But I have known Pitino as a real person. I have watched him professionally from close range.

And if the question is, would I send a son to play for him? My answer is yes, I would.[/QUOTE]

Just as I was thinking. Maybe parents of highly talented players wouldn’t send their kids to a church headed by Pitino, but a basketball team, I don’t think most would give it a second thought.

[QUOTE=mineshaft;424584]My thinking is not that complex here. You said that people expect a Father Flanigan in sneakers. You are making an extreme reference and building up a straw man. You don’t need to be Father Flanigan to be faithful to your wife and kids. You just need to be honest, faithful and loyal. Is that too much to expect?

Who wants a leader without character? One who can’t set the example? To me those two things are key in leadership. We may disagree on this but don’t label anyone who disagrees wanting a “Father Flanigan”. I just choose not to apply situational ethics and hold the bar at character and integrity.[/QUOTE]

I’ll go on record and say that I think (judging from the outside without really knowing) that according to your standard, Lutz is a better person than, say, John Calipari or Bob Huggins. Want to hazzard a guess as to who most would say are the more accomplished coaches?

No, it’s not to much to expect of your spouse to be faithful. I am saying that it’s none of your damn business what people do as long as it’s consenual. Wonder how your (or anyone’s for that matter) personal life would look drug out for public consumption. Well, yours would probably be okay with the high bar you’ve set for yourself concerning character and integrity.

I’ll say it again, I could not care less what a coach does in his off-time as long as he’s not embarrassing the school, ala Huggins, Pitino. That’s what they are guilty of to me. The martial stuff is b/t them, their families and The Good Lord

Agreed VA- it would be different if he got caught with a dude.

[QUOTE=mineshaft;424479]I think it’s interesting that you have to be a “Father Flanigan” in order to be faithful to your wife and kids. Great moral standards.[/QUOTE]

Father Flanigan can’t be married. Anyways, it’s not like there aren’t plenty of Father Flanigans out there that the Catholic Church is still paying for.

Not exactly who I would choose for moral standards.

[QUOTE=Noreaster;424615]Father Flanigan can’t be married. Anyways, it’s not like there aren’t plenty of Father Flanigans out there that the Catholic Church is still paying for.

Not exactly who I would choose for moral standards.[/QUOTE]

LOL- wish I had thought of that.

I got the goods from Louisville. A co-worker is from that city.

He knows the guy who called for the girl to extort $ from HS B-Ball decades ago. That guy’s in deep too.

And while the Pres. of UL is backing Pitino publicly, Pitino is on the verge of being gone.

The football team is already in shambles from Petrino leaving, & Kragthorpe not winning, & Phil Simms 2nd son left for another school.

In addition to the guy on staff who the girl was married to, & the guy who extorted Pitino, & Pitino, this chick was also doing the son, Richard Pitino, who Rick mysteriously got hired at Florida under Donovan to get him out of town.

Also, Mrs. Pitino has been in NYC for years. She never moved to Kentucky.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;424890]I got the goods from Louisville. A co-worker is from that city.

He knows the guy who called for the girl to extort $ from HS B-Ball decades ago. That guy’s in deep too.

And while the Pres. of UL is backing Pitino publicly, Pitino is on the verge of being gone.

The football team is already in shambles from Petrino leaving, & Kragthorpe not winning, & Phil Simms 2nd son left for another school.

In addition to the guy on staff who the girl was married to, & the guy who extorted Pitino, & Pitino, this chick was also doing the son, Richard Pitino, who Rick mysteriously got hired at Florida under Donovan to get him out of town.

Also, Mrs. Pitino has been in NYC for years. She never moved to Kentucky.[/QUOTE]

Wow- if all that’s fact, I don’t see him surviving if it’s becomes public. The school can’t let themselves be embarrassed publicly to that degree.

Didn’t know that about the wife- I thought see was a horsebreeder or something and liked Kentucky.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9932508/Pitino-ran-into-the-biggest-dynasty-in-sports

I'll go on record and say that I think (judging from the outside without really knowing) that according to your standard, Lutz is a better person than, say, John Calipari or Bob Huggins. Want to hazzard a guess as to who most would say are the more accomplished coaches?

No, it’s not to much to expect of your spouse to be faithful. I am saying that it’s none of your damn business what people do as long as it’s consenual. Wonder how your (or anyone’s for that matter) personal life would look drug out for public consumption. Well, yours would probably be okay with the high bar you’ve set for yourself concerning character and integrity.

I’ll say it again, I could not care less what a coach does in his off-time as long as he’s not embarrassing the school, ala Huggins, Pitino. That’s what they are guilty of to me. The martial stuff is b/t them, their families and The Good Lord

In general, I agree with you. It’s not really a public matter. But I don’t think it’s as simple as if it’s consensual with the 2 people involved. Wouldn’t it also have to be consensual with Mrs Pitino too, to truly not be a problem?

[QUOTE=Normmm;424905]In general, I agree with you. It’s not really a public matter. But I don’t think it’s as simple as if it’s consensual with the 2 people involved. Wouldn’t it also have to be consensual with Mrs Pitino too, to truly not be a problem?[/QUOTE]

yes- I think it’s a huge family problem.

Slick Rick is at it . . .again :smile:

Pitino just needs the shut the hell up. That last press conference was laughable.

Seriously. What a douche he is. He can’t keep little Richard in his pants and bangs some skank on the floor of a restaurant (I hope they fail their next health inspection)… And it is the fault of the press for putting his family through hell???

[QUOTE=s9er;427588]Seriously. What a douche he is. He can’t keep little Richard in his pants and bangs some skank on the floor of a restaurant (I hope they fail their next health inspection)… And it is the fault of the press for putting his family through hell???[/QUOTE]

If he keeps talking, he’ll talk his way out of a job. He just needs to shut up. Good thing he’s a top notch coach or he would already be gone.