Podcast Recommendations

[QUOTE=NovaNiner;401325]Download iTunes
Run iTunes
Download podcasts from podcast section
Listen on computer or sync to iPod[/QUOTE]

My problem is that I have 2004 songs on my Ipod that I have to get back on my hard drive without ITunes deleting them. I had iTunes just long enough to get all the songs on my newly purchased iPod, and then the computer blew up. I’ve been researching how to bypass iTunes, but it appears I will have to use it if I want to get these podcasts.

Yamipod and WinAmp are the two I’ve been looking at downloading. If anyone knows of better software than those for a non-Itunes iPod organizer, please share. I prefer freeware, but don’t mind paying if it will work better.

[QUOTE=X-49er;401377]My problem is that I have 2004 songs on my Ipod that I have to get back on my hard drive without ITunes deleting them. I had iTunes just long enough to get all the songs on my newly purchased iPod, and then the computer blew up. I’ve been researching how to bypass iTunes, but it appears I will have to use it if I want to get these podcasts.

Yamipod and WinAmp are the two I’ve been looking at downloading. If anyone knows of better software than those for a non-Itunes iPod organizer, please share. I prefer freeware, but don’t mind paying if it will work better.[/QUOTE]

Are you looking for a new media player or just software to get your songs off your ipod? If you are just looking to copy the songs, yamipod or copytrans will work (http://www.copytrans.net/).

I was anti-itunes for a long time but I was never able to find a program that would sync my ipod without issues. MediMonkey came close, but would occasionally give me errors and corrupt all of the album art. I gave up searching and just started using itunes which I have learned to like. The podcast directory is great… smart playlists and genius playlists are also very useful. My main complaint about itunes is that its a memory hog, but if your computer is fast enough you’ll be fine.

[QUOTE=Max Power;401383]Are you looking for a new media player or just software to get your songs off your ipod? If you are just looking to copy the songs, yamipod or copytrans will work (http://www.copytrans.net/).

I was anti-itunes for a long time but I was never able to find a program that would sync my ipod without issues. MediMonkey came close, but would occasionally give me errors and corrupt all of the album art. I gave up searching and just started using itunes which I have learned to like. The podcast directory is great… smart playlists and genius playlists are also very useful. My main complaint about itunes is that its a memory hog, but if your computer is fast enough you’ll be fine.[/QUOTE]

Initially, I just need to copy the songs off of my iPod to my new computer. My wife and I had all of our songs on a laptop that her work gave her to use. We did not own a computer ourselves with Windows XP on it at the time, so that was our only option to use iTunes. Then it crashed. I did not think it would be such a hassle to copy the songs back to the hard drive until I began researching how to do it. It’s not just a file transfer. Also, we were sharing one computer to put all of our songs on with that computer. We generally like the same music, but there were probably 400 songs that only one of us liked. ITunes and its synching does not like for two iPods to use the same iTunes. That sucked, because we were both trying to use the same ITunes to manage our music since it was the only computer we had with ITunes. I turned the synch option off, but it still caused some problems. So it sounds as if I need to use both Yamipod (or equivalent) and iTunes. Thanks.

[QUOTE=X-49er;401377]My problem is that I have 2004 songs on my Ipod that I have to get back on my hard drive without ITunes deleting them. I had iTunes just long enough to get all the songs on my newly purchased iPod, and then the computer blew up. I’ve been researching how to bypass iTunes, but it appears I will have to use it if I want to get these podcasts.

Yamipod and WinAmp are the two I’ve been looking at downloading. If anyone knows of better software than those for a non-Itunes iPod organizer, please share. I prefer freeware, but don’t mind paying if it will work better.[/QUOTE]

We got a new computer at home and plugged my wife’s I=pod up and it asked if we would like the music on the i-pod addded to the i-tunes library.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;401401]We got a new computer at home and plugged my wife’s I=pod up and it asked if we would like the music on the i-pod addded to the i-tunes library.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. That’s good to know. If I had 100-200 songs on it, I would not fret over it. I know how much time it took to load the 2004 songs onto the other computer from all of my CD’s and from downloading, and I want to make sure that I don’t lose those 2 weeks of free time again.

Which ipod do you have X? If you have a classic model (not touch) then you can make it a disk and simply copy and paste the songs over to your computer.

[QUOTE=X-49er;401457]Thanks for the info. That’s good to know. If I had 100-200 songs on it, I would not fret over it. I know how much time it took to load the 2004 songs onto the other computer from all of my CD’s and from downloading, and I want to make sure that I don’t lose those 2 weeks of free time again.[/QUOTE]

clt asks why do you prefer music only from 2004?

clt says ha!

[QUOTE=NovaNiner;401520]Which ipod do you have X? If you have a classic model (not touch) then you can make it a disk and simply copy and paste the songs over to your computer.[/QUOTE]

I do have the classic. Will my PC recognize it as an external drive?

[QUOTE=cltniners;401552]clt asks why do you prefer music only from 2004?
clt says ha![/QUOTE]

X says the infidel is not funny!! Ha!!

I do have the classic. Will my PC recognize it as an external drive?

Yes after you turn on the option to do so. I did this with my old iPod on a few occasions.

After it shows up all you have to do then is find the correct place where the music is. If I recall correctly the folder is hidden so you have to have the option on in windows to show hidden folders.

A quick google search should get you better directions.