Pog Collection

[QUOTE=Roasty;386699]

PS: do you know what ever happened to Darkhawk? He was my favorite, by far. One of the more unique character origins out there.[/QUOTE]

Darkhawk, haven’t heard that one in a while, I used to collect his title. Didn’t he join the New Warriors?

Darkhawk, haven't heard that one in a while, I used to collect his title. Didn't he join the New Warriors?
According to this, maybe: [URL=http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Chris_Powell_%28Earth-616%29]http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Chris_Powell_%28Earth-616%29[/URL]

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I just did some research: Darkhawk is coming back with the new War of Kings storyline associated with Nova and some others. His stuff is dated 2/09 and 3/09!

http://comics.ign.com/objects/143/14313756.html

I MUST get to a comic store, ASAP.

If you need fill-in issues of Darkhawk, I could probably help you out. Through an ebay fluke I have almost two complete runs of the 50-issue original series.

2099 didn’t really float my boat. I had a few issues here and there, but I didn’t (and still don’t) get too excited about much outside of the standard Marvel continuity (Earth 616). It’s the same reason the [I]Ultimate[/I] continuity makes me gag.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I just did some research: Darkhawk is coming back with the new War of Kings storyline associated with Nova and some others. His stuff is dated 2/09 and 3/09!

http://comics.ign.com/objects/143/14313756.html

I MUST get to a comic store, ASAP.

If you need fill-in issues of Darkhawk, I could probably help you out. Through an ebay fluke I have almost two complete runs of the 50-issue original series.

2099 didn’t really float my boat. I had a few issues here and there, but I didn’t (and still don’t) get too excited about much outside of the standard Marvel continuity (Earth 616). It’s the same reason the Ultimate continuity makes me gag.

AWESOME! I guess I’ll be going to HAHTF this week to pick those up.

Yeah, I have even less than I thought I did. my total collection list is here http://kevin.harbin.googlepages.com/comics.csv looks like a need alot, PM with your thoughts.

I enjoyed the Spider-Man and Doom 2099 series, I have read some of Hulk, Ravage and X-Men 2099 and didn’t really like that.

Yeah, Ultimate makes me gag as well. I have only bought a couple and it’s because they were Venom issues, still a mistake.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;386678]I’m not trying to make fun or anything, but please explain this one… [URL]http://kevin.harbin.googlepages.com/sporks[/URL]

:huh:[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure I have that 1997 KFC black spork.

I think I still have mine around in my old bedroom at my parents house in Raleigh. I'll have a look next time I'm there.

I am jealous you were able to follow the Civil War storyline as it was happening. Nothing super interesting happened during my infatuation days with Marvel Comics. I came to the party a little too late for Infinity Gauntlet and left well before House of M, Civil War, and World War Hulk.

I’m been trying to catch up through Wikipedia for months.

PS: do you know what ever happened to Darkhawk? He was my favorite, by far. One of the more unique character origins out there.

I got out of it after Age of Apocalypse series. I pretty much only read X-Men and Spider-Man.

I was at Border’s at Birkdale the other week and you can get the Civil War series in books, each book contains the amount of comics (Ex. #2-#8) of a certain title line. There were a good amount of books, but each book contained a number of comics within them, and if you’re just looking to read it rather than make it a collectible by buying each individual book then I’d recommend going that way.

[QUOTE=kevinharbin;386692]Yeah, I read that they were banned ecause of the potential damage of throwing them (unlike staplers?). I don’t think I have any decent metal slammers, thick rubber ones though.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha yeah, like the metal spiky ones.

Like the one shown here

(pog pog pog, pogs a game, pog pog pog…)

If you’re 30 or over you probably have no idea what a pog is. Unless you had younger siblings, like me.

I sold all my pogs to my younger brother once the fad had passed. He could still have them…

I remember spending all my allowance on those things when I was in elementary school. Fluff N Stuff at Hanes Mall in Winston-Salem was all about some pogs. Wow. They went out of business like crazy.

This is funny, I just threw away my Pogs collection.

I even had an Upper Deck Michael Jordan Pog.

I don’t think I ever learned how to play.

I’m amazed that the comic industry continues to survive, if it wasn’t for the movies I think the companies would have collapsed by now, I grew tired of paying $2.50 or $3.00 for crappy stories, bad art and cross over storylines.

They’re in a bad situation, just like newspapers.

Periodical print media is dying. Comics are in a particularly bad position. Ostensibly, half the reason people collect comics is for the potential value down the road, regardless on if they like the storyline or not.

Children now have not really been raised on that (bad) habit. The content now MUST be good and MUST be easily attainable because everything else that divides their attention already is.

If I were a comic company, I’d strongly consider selling epasses that allowed their content to be read online/downloaded/ipodded/whathaveyou.

I’m 27 now. I haven’t purchased a comic in probably a decade. I also probably would, however, spend, ~$16.00 per month for online access to most titles Marvel produces. Online content also allows you to include animated shorts. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

They're in a bad situation, just like newspapers.

Periodical print media is dying. Comics are in a particularly bad position. Ostensibly, half the reason people collect comics is for the potential value down the road, regardless on if they like the storyline or not.

Children now have not really been raised on that (bad) habit. The content now MUST be good and MUST be easily attainable because everything else that divides their attention already is.

If I were a comic company, I’d strongly consider selling epasses that allowed their content to be read online/downloaded/ipodded/whathaveyou.

I’m 27 now. I haven’t purchased a comic in probably a decade. I also probably would, however, spend, ~$16.00 per month for online access to most titles Marvel produces. Online content also allows you to include animated shorts. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Like this? http://www.marvel.com/digitalcomics/

[QUOTE=kevinharbin;387201]Like this? [URL]http://www.marvel.com/digitalcomics/[/URL][/QUOTE]

Sort of like that, but less of a clusterfark.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Wow, I picked this up today. The cover is awesome.

I’m disapointed that it’s only 1 of 2, they could make a longer series out of it. Maybe there are more crossovers?

$4.00!!! That’s insane!! One of the reasons I got out of comic collecting. If you are not trying to collect for future value I think the best bet is to get the trade paperbacks, you can get the entire stories all in one book. Or use the library.

$4.00!!! That's insane!! One of the reasons I got out of comic collecting. If you are not trying to collect for future value I think the[B] best bet is to get the trade paperbacks,[/B] you can get the entire stories all in one book. Or use the library.
for some people maybe, I'm a big fan of cover art and Trades just don't usually keep that sort of thing.

:tongue:

[QUOTE=CPA_Niner;387998]$4.00!!! That’s insane!! One of the reasons I got out of comic collecting. If you are not trying to collect for future value I think the best bet is to get the trade paperbacks, you can get the entire stories all in one book. Or use the library.[/QUOTE]

Most comics aren’t $4.00 right now. That one was just more expensive because they included a reprint of DH #1 in addition to the brand new storyline.

I’m sure most of their reasoning behind this was to jack up the price, but I’m sure some people who didn’t know about his background did appreciate the education.

Of course that’s effectively the 3rd issue of DH #1 I’ve purchased, so I was not amused.

Kevin: I went out at lunch yesterday and picked up that issue too! Hah! Looks like it’s going to be really good and that he’ll be a significant player in the War of Kings storyline. Rumor has it that he’s going to turn into a major cosmic badass. Maybe he’ll end up joining Guardians of the Galaxy or forming a permanent duo with Nova? Or heck, starting a new series?

[QUOTE=Chisox17;388006][/QUOTE]

Jim Halpert: By any chance did you see Battlestar Galactica?
Andy: No I did not. Was that any good?
Jim Halpert: Actually not. It was really so-so. [holds up stopwatch to Dwight] I mean I like all the crazy monsters and stuff, you know like Klingons and Wookies and all that but.
– Sorry was, there something you wanted to add Dwight?
Andy: Is that anything like the original Battlestar Galactica.
Jim Halpert: You know what’s weird? It’s practically a shot for shot remake.
Andy: Really? Huh. Cool.
Jim Halpert: The story’s kind of bland. It’s about this guy named Dumbledore Calamazin and he has to return the ring back to Mordor.
Andy: [pause] That doesn’t sound right…