Poll: Basketball Coach Expectations

How many years should it take a new coach to come in here and start competing for CUSA titles, meaning being a top 2 team in CUSA?

0 voters

What’s your end of year NET ranking expectation for a 5th year coach?
  • Top 50
  • Top 75
  • Top 100
  • Top 125
  • Top 150
  • Top 200

0 voters

Will your opinion on Mike Hill change if Sanchez does not compete for a CUSA title next year?
  • Yes
  • No (Hill has done enough with AAC move and other sports so far to get more time in basketball)

0 voters

If Sanchez does NOT finish top 2 in CUSA, do you think Hill will fire Sanchez or give him more time?
  • Hill will fire Sanchez
  • Hill will give Sanchez a 6th year to rebuild this program

0 voters

we cannot vote on the first one unless we think new coach competes next year

Top 2 is a bit much but we should be consistently top 4 in CUSA. Top 2 is like saying win the East every year.

2 Likes

My thoughts as well.

I no longer have any expectations for our basketball coach, and apparently Mike Hill doesn’t either.

clt says thankfully we only have one more year of cusa

I do think a factor in all this is we as a fanbase are on a 2 decade trek in the wilderness. We are out of patience and long for success. Mike is in year 4. Two different points of view. He has seen progress from where we were to where we are. He shouldnt be blamed for Judy running it into the ground. For us though we havent seen near enough because we have been waiting 20 years.

I don’t see progress In our basketball program at all.

It’s still just an irrelevant program rollercoastering between around .500 and single digit wins.

There is no difference being 8th place in cusa with 17 wins and being 12th place with 10 wins. Theyre the exact same level of bad with regards to making us relevant.

We are a jahmir injury or transfer away from being in the 300s NET.

1 Like

Expecting a top 2 finish in CUSA over a coaches 5 year span is a bit much? We “should” be on par with North Texas and UAB right? To each their own…

I read it as an average my bad, yea you should have (1) title in 5 years but winning it all with a tournament has some luck involved unless you’re killing it. Me, I think starting year three you need to consistently be in the Top 4, the titles will come if you’re there.

We’re not there though that’s for sure.

2 Likes

I get that perspective but if you don’t see the current team as better than the last mark price/fancher team I dunno what to tell ya. Doesn’t mean they are good and maybe it is just degrees of poor but it’s definitely progress - just not enough in my eyes.

4 Likes

Barring a complete 180 by the state courts of MS, VA, and WV, there will be three fewer teams to worry about next year when we make our swan song through C-USA. Wonder if the league will do a 20 game true round robin or stick with 18.

Anyway, my expectation is consistently top 4 in conference, 20+ wins, and seriously contending for the league title, etc, most seasons.

3 Likes

Yup, Falling outside the top 4 should be an anomaly… not making the top 4 be an anomaly. The the niners it’s lightening striking.

2 Likes