Poll: C Pick or C-49ers logo?

clt says we need to rebrand as the Charlotte Bobcats.

I am null voting - I like just the 49ers - stand alone. I think they should be separate on uniforms for sure. I like the combo on letter heads and flyers. It is too busy on uniforms.

Doesn’t the baseball hat have just the C-pick?

How about a 3rd option for the poll? The University of North Carolina at Charlotte 49ers logo. Oh damn here comes that guy with the whip!!! Ahhh get out of here whip man!!! Ahhhhh!!!

All in favor…

eye!

[quote=“Jackrabbit49er, post:22, topic:29445”]I am null voting - I like just the 49ers - stand alone. I think they should be separate on uniforms for sure. I like the combo on letter heads and flyers. It is too busy on uniforms.

Doesn’t the baseball hat have just the C-pick?[/quote]

Last year may have been the last season of the C-pick logo on a baseball hat. They were incorporating the cluttered C-49ers logo on the black and camo hats last year. It looked terrible.

I think the use of the C-49ers logo is to ensure that 49ers is prevalent as the team name. Just the C-pick doesn’t imply that. So I had an idea for the football helmets - C-pick on one side and the 49ers mark on the other. I know that makes for a asymmetric helmet, but it could work.
Thoughts?

be not the first by whom the new is tried nor yet the last to lay the old aside. ;D

[quote=“Jackrabbit49er, post:26, topic:29445”]I think the use of the C-49ers logo is to ensure that 49ers is prevalent as the team name. Just the C-pick doesn’t imply that. So I had an idea for the football helmets - C-pick on one side and the 49ers mark on the other. I know that makes for a asymmetric helmet, but it could work.
Thoughts?[/quote]

Lids is selling a cap that has the 49ers wordmark simplified to one color.

None of that faux beveled effect, no outlines… just the text and an underline.

I think it looks fantastic.

That would look phenomenal in gold foil on our matte black helmets.

I think the C-pick axe alone is the best logo we have. The second best is the 49ers without the C-pick axe. The problem is when you bring them together they wash each other out and essentially become illegible.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:28, topic:29445”][quote=“Jackrabbit49er, post:26, topic:29445”]I think the use of the C-49ers logo is to ensure that 49ers is prevalent as the team name. Just the C-pick doesn’t imply that. So I had an idea for the football helmets - C-pick on one side and the 49ers mark on the other. I know that makes for a asymmetric helmet, but it could work.
Thoughts?[/quote]

That would look phenomenal in gold foil on our matte black helmets.[/quote]

This one? http://www.lids.com/NCAA/Charlotte-49ers/20758435

[quote=“Nugget, post:30, topic:29445”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:28, topic:29445”][quote=“Jackrabbit49er, post:26, topic:29445”]I think the use of the C-49ers logo is to ensure that 49ers is prevalent as the team name. Just the C-pick doesn’t imply that. So I had an idea for the football helmets - C-pick on one side and the 49ers mark on the other. I know that makes for a asymmetric helmet, but it could work.
Thoughts?[/quote]

That would look phenomenal in gold foil on our matte black helmets.[/quote]

This one? http://www.lids.com/NCAA/Charlotte-49ers/20758435[/quote]

That’s the one!

Had to get back to work, didn’t have time to go a googlin for it!

[quote=“Jackrabbit49er, post:26, topic:29445”]I think the use of the C-49ers logo is to ensure that 49ers is prevalent as the team name. Just the C-pick doesn’t imply that. So I had an idea for the football helmets - C-pick on one side and the 49ers mark on the other. I know that makes for a asymmetric helmet, but it could work.
Thoughts?[/quote]

A very nice compromise. I’m still a big believer in the C-pick on its own

[quote=“austinniner, post:32, topic:29445”][quote=“Jackrabbit49er, post:26, topic:29445”]I think the use of the C-49ers logo is to ensure that 49ers is prevalent as the team name. Just the C-pick doesn’t imply that. So I had an idea for the football helmets - C-pick on one side and the 49ers mark on the other. I know that makes for a asymmetric helmet, but it could work.
Thoughts?[/quote]

A very nice compromise. I’m still a big believer in the C-pick on its own[/quote]

Another note about this… I’m not a big fan of the C-pick on both sides of the helmet because the C-pick depicts an action, raising the pickaxe and ready to strike.

Similar to the American flag being worn to ensure that the Union is facing the wearer’s front, the C-Pick looks to be retreating on the left side of the helmet.

Put the C-pick on the right, and either the 49ers wordmark or the player’s number on the left.

Solid.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:33, topic:29445”][quote=“austinniner, post:32, topic:29445”][quote=“Jackrabbit49er, post:26, topic:29445”]I think the use of the C-49ers logo is to ensure that 49ers is prevalent as the team name. Just the C-pick doesn’t imply that. So I had an idea for the football helmets - C-pick on one side and the 49ers mark on the other. I know that makes for a asymmetric helmet, but it could work.
Thoughts?[/quote]

A very nice compromise. I’m still a big believer in the C-pick on its own[/quote]

Another note about this… I’m not a big fan of the C-pick on both sides of the helmet because the C-pick depicts an action, raising the pickaxe and ready to strike.

Similar to the American flag being worn to ensure that the Union is facing the wearer’s front, the C-Pick looks to be retreating on the left side of the helmet.

Put the C-pick on the right, and either the 49ers wordmark or the player’s number on the left.

Solid.[/quote] ::slight_smile:

RIP C-pick logo.

hat looks good

The C-pick will always be over the tunnel entrance to the stadium…or until it gets “Belk Towered”.

All except for the logo. You can’t even tell what that blob of color is.

This is 10000 times better.

All except for the logo. You can’t even tell what that blob of color is.

This is 10000 times better.

[/quote]

That hat looks good too

One logo is readable from 100 ft away or on tv, the other is jumbled and not.