Poll: # of Football Stadium seats after expansion?

Numerous schools have done this in recent years, reduce seating capacity for suites and amenities.

1 Like

Yes. But none of them had 15,000 seat stadiums.

4 Likes

Lol, there’s no doubt you’re a huge Niner fan. But you’ve really got selective reading skills at times. I’ve never said that I think we need to remove seats. Nor do I think anyone on this board has said that. I’ve actually said, several times, that I think we need to expand.

My comment was a general comment about unc-CH not being the only school reducing seating capacity.

Not sure if this was directed at me, but if so maybe check your reading skills. I wasn’t even hinting at that. I was simply saying those schools didn’t have a ridiculously small stadium to start with.

Are we not on board with expanding the stadium in accordance to the original plans, it seems that everyone has a different set of expansion plans in terms of number of seats and even structure differences, I personally want to see us expand in accordance to the original plans that we released for future expansion, I mean how nice would it be to see this on our campus, and I understand that financially we may not be able to get this done but this is what I want to see on our campus and if we expand in intervals I hope that we do so with the intent on the finished product looking like this

3 Likes

1 Like

No, the original expansion plans are over a decade old. They don’t have enough suites or any club seating. They would have been tweaked.

On top of that they were done by an AD they didn’t understand football. Her missteps already cost us additional money fixing football center. We need to distance ourselves from football decisions she made. I’ll give her this th right she only built nice things. Don’t half ass ahit.

I’d like to see a variety of suites built. I might not be able to afford a suite right now but in 10 to 15 years I probably will. Better sight lines and cover from the sun/rain.

? You’re not making any sense. You specifically said 15,000 in your post. Are you referring to some other school with a 15,000 seat stadium?

Ok. I have a question. We’re already in the AAC which is what most everyone wanted. Where do we go from here conference wise and what does a bigger stadium accomplish? Ok, 2 questions.

Only way up is Big XII I think. I don’t see any P5 taking us unless they all expand to 16 or more.

Dude…you really aren’t very bright are you. I said none of the other schools had 15000 seats like us. Therefore, the trend of some schools reducing capacity is irrelevant to our situation. I never said you said we should reduce our capacity. Read a little slower next time.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And I said, no one has said we should be reducing capacity.

If your point of mentioning 15,000 wasn’t a direct shot at what people think our stadium size should be, then there are probably 100 other random differences between the stadiums that you could have mentioned as well. Like none of those stadiums are located in 704, none of those stadiums are 5 miles from a race track, none of those stadiums are located off of Hwy 29, none of those stadiums have the ghostofclt’s zeppelin, none of those stadiums have a green ambulance tailgating rig, none of those stadiums are a 1/4 mile from light rail, none of those stadiums have a shitty sound system.

1 Like

Give up dude…you’re looking foolish. You stated that I said you wanted to reduce our capacity. I literally said no such thing. I honestly don’t understand why you are continuing to argue this point. My original post is clear. You made an incorrect assumption. Even the last quote of mine you posted just above this one does not say anything about US reducing capacity. That quote meant other schools reducing capacity should not affect our decision to expand or by how much. … reducing capacity is clearly not on the table…You have to be brighter than this…right?..

Ok, serious head spin now. If that is what you meant, then that too is incorrect. If the trend amongst most schools is to decrease seating capacity, of course we should consider that variable when deciding how much we want to expand.

I agree, We absolutely need to take into the account the overall attendance trends happening nationwide as we figure out what is the right size for us. When powerhouse schools are having trouble getting their students to games thats a cautionary tale for schools like us that are growing our stadium and fanbase.

1 Like

That tailgate area may end up helping student attendance.

Especially if we try not to cook them for 3-4 hours in the August sun.

BTW, my buddy is an ECU booster. They have the same problem with kids not wanting to bake on one side of their stadium in the mid day sun, and they are one of the attendance leaders of the AAC. They greatly prefer night games to avoid this.

1 Like

list of seats in stadium of D1 schools

List of NCAA Division I FBS football stadiums - Wikipedia