Poll: Should Panthers keep Jake on bench?

[B]69% say: “Definitely. His time is up as a starter.” Wow. Personally, I’m not ready to come down completely on Jake, especially with the play today by the O-Line. But I know alot of other Panther fans have a different opinion. Discuss.
[/B]

…and put who in his place? Matt Moore?

............and put who in his place? Matt Moore?

ANYBODY!!!

I about had a conniption when I saw they had extended his contract- I am so ready for something other than poor to mediocre QB play, I would love to see them actually make a move and get somebody who can throw it to OUR team- Jake used to be a decent game manager when he was in his prime- DECENT in his PRIME is not something to look for in your NFL QB, especially considering how little pressure we put on him to perform

It won’t matter if we can’t patch up the offensive line. I was truly shocked. What has happened to them?

It won't matter if we can't patch up the offensive line. I was truly shocked. What has happened to them?
Pretty much.
............and put who in his place? Matt Moore?
If Jake throws 4 picks, yes. Today, he needed to be benched. Obviously, I would start Jake next game and hope he can have a better showing. Moore isn't good either though- I don't think he will ever have starting quality. I think regardless, we ought to be practicing the wildcat a lot more right now and/or run a higher percentage of running plays because of terribly inconsistent QB play.

I really wish we could get Garcia as a short term shot, but obviously he doesn’t want to be a backup and we have Jake on a contract with 20m guaranteed.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;430865]…and put who in his place? Matt Moore?[/QUOTE]

HUNTER CANTWELL!!!

HUNTER CANTWELL!!!!!!!!
Lol, not sure if that's a joke but he went undrafted for a reason (same as Matt Moore). Maybe a #3 quarterback. I guess the Panthers think they have a nack for developing quarterback talent though...

Jake has lost all of his confidence and really his mojo and confidence is all he ever had. He was never overly smart or athletic or have a cannon for an arm. He was just a leader that the team would rally around. I can’t imagine the offense is thinking very highly of him after his past two stinkers. The O line certainly was not great today - but that does not excuse his performance from AZ to today. Some of his throws were just god awful decisions. As for Jake’s contract I wish people would start understanding that they HAD to do something with his contract because they had to free up money to sign Peppers and Gross and Jake had a high cap number this season.

So I say start Matt Moore next week. Give him all week with the starters. I have been a Jake supporter, but today was it. He was awful - beyond awful. If we are going to have this kind of performance out of the QB we might as well start moore and find out if he has what it takes to be the man or if we need to start looking elsewhere. I also would back bringing in Garcia.

Jake has lost all of his confidence and really his mojo and confidence is all he ever had. He was never overly smart or athletic or have a cannon for an arm. He was just a leader that the team would rally around. I can't imagine the offense is thinking very highly of him after his past two stinkers. The O line certainly was not great today - but that does not excuse his performance from AZ to today. Some of his throws were just god awful decisions. As for Jake's contract I wish people would start understanding that they HAD to do something with his contract because they had to free up money to sign Peppers and Gross and Jake and a high cap number this season.

So I say start Matt Moore next week. Give him all week with the starters. I have been a Jake supporter, but today was it. He was awful - beyond awful. If we are going to have this kind of performance out of the QB we might as well start moore and find out if he has what it takes to be the man or if we need to start looking elsewhere. I also would back bringing in Garcia.

This…Jake HAS been an above average QB for the Panthers. He is NO LONGER.

Jake has lost all of his confidence and really his mojo and confidence is all he ever had. He was never overly smart or athletic or have a cannon for an arm. He was just a leader that the team would rally around. I can't imagine the offense is thinking very highly of him after his past two stinkers. The O line certainly was not great today - but that does not excuse his performance from AZ to today. Some of his throws were just god awful decisions. As for Jake's contract I wish people would start understanding that they HAD to do something with his contract because they had to free up money to sign Peppers and Gross and Jake and a high cap number this season.

I agree with everything up until the Garcia idea. I don’t like him. We need to come up with something for the future. It sucks we traded our 1st round pick this year. A few more performances like this and we’d have a shot at Sam Bradford.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;430875]I agree with everything up until the Garcia idea. I don’t like him. We need to come up with something for the future. It sucks we traded our 1st round pick this year. A few more performances like this and we’d have a shot at Sam Bradford.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the only way I back Garcia is if the D gels and we feel like we have a shot. I hate to waste the last years of Steve’s career looking for the solution at QB.

Ok, I understand the sentiment behind all the Jake benching talk. But does anyone actually see it happening?

I just wish it was possible for us to be good two years in a row.

[QUOTE=HaltonHellraiser;430878]Ok, I understand the sentiment behind all the Jake benching talk. But does anyone actually see it happening?[/QUOTE]

With Fox? No.

With Fox? No.

Rodney Peete.

Ok, I understand the sentiment behind all the Jake benching talk. But does anyone actually see it happening?
Doubtful, but possible. It'd take the o-line having a better game next week and Jake still having a horrible one so there would be no excuses.

posts 8-11 above…spot-on!

No chance at Bradford or any one of the other top QB’s next year. We don’t have a #1 pick! The only thing we may be able to do is trade someone or sign a FA. If they release Jake and let Peppers walk, that would free up a lot of money to bring in more people without it hitting the bank too much (in the Jake part). Regardless, Jake should get one more chance and then if he’s still that bad, it’s time to move on, McCown, Moore or anyone else.

I don’t want to get rid of Peppers. He played well today.

I don't want to get rid of Peppers. He played well today.
He was good today, but I don't think we can afford him next year if he's not willing to sign a long-term contract, which I doubt he will.