Pork Chop's got sumtin to say

Yada yada yada. Everybody take a chill pill. It was 2 senior nights in 3 days. Nobody in the nation had to endure that. I know its a bad loss, but big whoop.
Hey sorry Powerbait, I know I said I’d stay off the boards tonight but oh well. Like eveyone else, I looked at the sched this season and went through it and said win win loss win win, etc etc. Well I came up with 21-6. Now, every year I come up with a record better than the Niners actually finish with. Except, of course, this year.

How many of you, if told team good guy would go 21-6 and finish second in the reg season standings would be unsatisfied?

Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t think this is a slump. I think there are talented athletes on the team that are down right embarassed about this week. Also they realize that, like us, they got too big for their britches.

So my prediction of 21-6 was right. Now my prediction of making the Sweet 16 is well within plausibility.

OT rants: Colorado football is not entirely guilty. Go Buffs. Also, I’m usually a thread killer, so it would be pretty funny if there were no replies. BP would be C-USA player of the week if it wasn’t for Lucky O’Bannon. do I use too many commas?

i love commas

this loss didn’t surprise me a bit. I think most of us saw the L’ville game as the end of the regular season and totally dismissed this game. Let’s face it…our fteam was emotionally exhausted after what was probably our biggest regular season game in many years.

that’s no excuse for taking the L…by the time this team decided to start playing…it was too late

regardless…i’m not surprised…

time to revamp and hit Memphis hard…

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Mar 6 2005, 02:40 AM [b] How many of you, if told team good guy would go 21-6 and finish second in the reg season standings would be unsatisfied?

[/b]

What if we were also told that half of those losses would come against Rutgers, ECU and USF? It was just a terrible time to lose and a terrible team to lose to. 21-6 isn’t bad at all but we just picked a really bad time to drop two straight. It WILL have a big affect on what happens in the NCAA Tournament.

I agree with JCL I just looked at the RPI site and we are the only schol in the top
30 or 40 with three losses to teams over 100 in the rpi

Also in alot of instances the top 25 is used to seed more than what people think
and we are out of there, from penthouse to outhouse in three days…

ALOT of work down the drain

And again the most disturbing thing was Lutz’s comments not having anything to play for, BS seeding man!!!

[i]Originally posted by sf49er[/i]@Mar 6 2005, 08:27 AM [b] And again the most disturbing thing was Lutz's comments not having anything to play for, BS seeding man!!!!!! [/b]
More importantly, it's called playing for [SIZE=2][b]PRIDE[/b][/SIZE].

The committee is really going to love how we flamed out on that last game…

[QUOTE]Lucky O’Bannon. :wacko:

Here’s the real problem,as far as doing some serious advancing in the ncaa tourney: OUR DEFENSE SUCKS…that’s basically been true the entire year.We cannot defend the 3 at all,we never have learned how to get thru screens,and we’re weak in the middle.How many weak defensive teams can you recall in the sweet16? Oh ,and by the way…does this team have ANY set plays that we run? Sure doesn’t seem like it.