Posting Pictures and Video via Mobile Phone

Ok, here we go… [COLOR=Red][B]First off all test postings should use test_at_ninernation.net.

[/B][COLOR=Black]Substitute @ for at (did that to prevent spam bots from grabbing those email addresses)

[B] For any of this to work, you have to add your MMS email address into your profile. Click the UserCP link and then select profile. It’s at the bottom of your profile. If you don’t add it, it will just throw your post away. You may want to try sending yourself an MMS so you can see the full email address.[/B]

[/COLOR][COLOR=Black]Here’s the way this works. The following are the “special” email addresses to use:

[B]test[/B]_at_ninernation.net = Create a new thread in the testing forum
[B]gameday[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]at[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]ninernation.net = create a new post in the “official” gameday thread
[B]new[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]at[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]ninernation.net = create a new thread in the Main Charlotte 49er Sports forum
[B]football[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]at[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]ninernation.net = create a new thread in the 49er Football forum
[B]university[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]at[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]ninernation.net = create a new thread in the University news and notes forum
[B]rambling[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]at[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]ninernation.net = create a new thread in the Rambling forum
[B]recruiting[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]at[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]ninernation.net = create a new thread in the Recruiting forum
[B]college[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]at[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]ninernaiton.net = create a new thread in the College Sports forum
[B]12345[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]at[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]ninernation.net = create a new post in thread 12345. - Please make sure you use the right thread ID. If you’re not sure, don’t send it!

Again, all tests should go to the TEST forum. Hope the new functionality is enjoyed as a lot of work went into it. There are probably still some bugs that we’ll work out along the way. Once we start seeing stuff come through, I can try to work on stripping anything added in by the cell carriers to the messages.

The batch job that checks the emails and does the postings runs roughly every 10 minutes. But you may want to give yourself more time for it to post.
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

I’ve seen some emails come through and they did not get posted because the email address it came from did not match anyone’s cell phone email address in the database…

For some reason everytime I try to update my cell phone email address, it says there was an error because the “last name of coach” field was left blank… :confused:

yeah i had that too…and then I type in the last name of the coach…:shades:

I ran into the same problem. Try not leaving that field blank. :slight_smile: You’ll figure it out.

yeah, that field is required on registration now. If you registered prior to that requirement, changing your profile requires you entering it in. If you don’t know the last name, well tough luck :tongue:

I added this to prevent spam bots from registering and posting spam all over the place…

Oh, there it is… I for some reason, was not seeing that field anywhere. Thanks guys.

Does this still work?