Potential new QB watch

Had a feeling we might give Kevin a shot with his big brother in town. Would love to have Riley as well, but I would be thrilled with either one. Happy we aren’t wasting any time.

What’s the name of this new twitter account?[/quote]

@coach_lambert49

Aaron Curry, Kevin Donnalley, and the tar heels offensive coordinator Gunter Brewer all follow him so it’s legit[/quote]
Hibbs just got 1. I suspect it’s mandatory (unless you are in charge)

Does Judy know Brad is using The Twitters these days?[/quote]

clt says this news makes up for last night. Go get em coach!

Not that I wouldn’t be thrilled with either, but why are we recruiting pro style qb’s for a spread offense? Barden was pro style, ferguson and olsen are as well.

Hopefully change is afoot.

This is very good news if true!

#freeriley[/quote]

He made it clear the first time…he wanted to play here and nowhere else. He told everyone he was coming here.

After we completely shut the door in his face and said we weren’t interested at all, that had to be embarrassing. I find it hard to believe he wouldn’t hold a grudge in how we handled him before. I can see him giving us the big middle finger now that we made him waste a year of eligibility at JUCO because he apparently didn’t meet our high standards then…but somehow he does now!?!

Just a thought…what if we told him that we wanted to see him play this year instead of sit, set him up with our contact at Coffeyville, said “get your shit together” and prove you can be the guy, and if you still want to be a niner, itll be here waiting, and if not, no hard feelings.

Maybe?

[quote=“jfickett, post:27, topic:30017”]Just a thought…what if we told him that we wanted to see him play this year instead of sit, set him up with our contact at Coffeyville, said “get your s*** together” and prove you can be the guy, and if you still want to be a niner, itll be here waiting, and if not, no hard feelings.

Maybe?[/quote]

Was thinking/hoping the same thing. We have connections with Coffeyville. If this happens the buzz around football next year will be interesting.

[quote=“jfickett, post:27, topic:30017”]Just a thought…what if we told him that we wanted to see him play this year instead of sit, set him up with our contact at Coffeyville, said “get your s*** together” and prove you can be the guy, and if you still want to be a niner, itll be here waiting, and if not, no hard feelings.

Maybe?[/quote]

clt says you are on to something.

Maybe?[/quote]

Yes. But your thought doesn’t fit with the “we’re all fucked up and nothing we do is right” state of mind around here.

nothing good can possibly happen in ninernation-land! ???

Not sure it went down like that! If I recall correctly Riley’s brother was on the team, as soon as we shut the door in his face his brother left

http://www.scout.com/junior-college-football/forums/2909-socal-board/14064866-kevin-olsen-rcc-qb

This thread makes me happy.

Happier than a cajun filet combo from Bojangles?

I was thinking the same thing! :slight_smile:

Happier than a cajun filet combo from Bojangles?[/quote]

Not yet, but hopefully in a few weeks I’ll get there. #FingersCrossed

Happier than a cajun filet combo from Bojangles?[/quote]

I think you’ve touched on the greatest recruiting tool we have trickynbc, there are no Bojangles in California! He’s got to want to come here!

#freeriley[/quote]

He made it clear the first time…he wanted to play here and nowhere else. He told everyone he was coming here.

After we completely shut the door in his face and said we weren’t interested at all, that had to be embarrassing. I find it hard to believe he wouldn’t hold a grudge in how we handled him before. I can see him giving us the big middle finger now that we made him waste a year of eligibility at JUCO because he apparently didn’t meet our high standards then…but somehow he does now!?![/quote]

Exactly what I said the other day…I Could not agree more! However, I hope this does not happen! It will be an interesting next two months until signing day and I’m now getting excited we may sign one of these guys!

#freeriley[/quote]

After we completely shut the door in his face and said we weren’t interested at all, that had to be embarrassing. I find it hard to believe he wouldn’t hold a grudge in how we handled him before. I can see him giving us the big middle finger now that we made him waste a year of eligibility at JUCO because he apparently didn’t meet our high standards then…but somehow he does now!?![/quote]I agree that it is probably unlikely, but perhaps Lambert and Co. told him to go prove that he can be a good teammate in JUCO for a year and then we’d take him. Probably wishful thinking, but never know.