Practice Scrimmage 9/1

Sat in Halton and watched the team play a few short scrimmages. Didn’t see any coaches present, so I’m guessing it was voluntary. The guys looked good, but not everyone played in the games. I wanted to pass on a few exciting observations to the rest of Niner Nation.

Derrio Green, by far the player that impressed me the most. He understands how to get himself open, and must have knocked down 8/9 from behind the arc.

Harris, was displaying tremendous leadership with all the guys. Drove the length of the court and finished twice, it would have been three times except that…

Chris Braswell, blocked the heck out of Harris’ third layup attempt. Other than that, he didn’t get the ball much besides a quick pass.

The mid-range jumper. Yes it might seem unbelievable, but several players were working on this. Phil Jones was knocking them down from a foot or two inside the arc.

Also, Ian’s shot looks much better, and Spears had one monster dunk over Sherrill or one of the other new guys. Sirin and Lewis were also preset and played. Lewis hit the only three I saw him take. Parks looks good as well. Bowden did not play while I was watching.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Getting harder and harder to keep myself from being excited about this team. November can’t come soon enough.
:49ers:

Awesome post.

I want to know more about Green.

Thanks for the update. I’m ready for basketball. And some GOOD BASKETBALL too.

[QUOTE=andrew_uofc;428533] Phil Jones was knocking them down from a foot or two inside the arc.[/QUOTE]

Pitino calls that the worst shot in basketball. It’s low percentage for the points you get. I hope Phil sticks with shots in the 10-12 foot range, but I am glad he is making shots from the floor.

thanks for the update, is there any word on if Dew has been cleared for full practice?

thanks for the update, is there any word on if Dew has been cleared for full practice?

I don’t have ties with the team; I just observe. I can tell you that Dew was not playing when I was there and still has a brace or something on his knee. I’d guess he hasn’t been cleared yet, but that’s nothing official.

[QUOTE=X-49er;428714]Pitino calls that the worst shot in basketball. .[/QUOTE]

Pitino is wrong, that shot he made in TGIF’s was the worst.

[QUOTE=hootie;428748]Pitino is wrong, that shot he made in TGIF’s was the worst.[/QUOTE]

Was that college basketball? :ohmy:

[QUOTE=hootie;428748]Pitino is wrong, that shot he made in TGIF’s was the worst.[/QUOTE]

You mean his Spider Man imitation?

Sat in Halton and watched the team play a few short scrimmages. Didn't see any coaches present, so I'm guessing it was voluntary. The guys looked good, but not everyone played in the games. I wanted to pass on a few exciting observations to the rest of Niner Nation.

Derrio Green, by far the player that impressed me the most. He understands how to get himself open, and must have knocked down 8/9 from behind the arc.

Harris, was displaying tremendous leadership with all the guys. Drove the length of the court and finished twice, it would have been three times except that…

Chris Braswell, blocked the heck out of Harris’ third layup attempt. Other than that, he didn’t get the ball much besides a quick pass.

The mid-range jumper. Yes it might seem unbelievable, but several players were working on this. Phil Jones was knocking them down from a foot or two inside the arc.

Also, Ian’s shot looks much better, and Spears had one monster dunk over Sherrill or one of the other new guys. Sirin and Lewis were also preset and played. Lewis hit the only three I saw him take. Parks looks good as well. Bowden did not play while I was watching.

Did Briscoe play?

Did Briscoe play?

I think so, but I haven’t seen enough of him to recognize him just yet. There was another PG there, so I would assume that was him. Didn’t play great, and Harris called him out on a steal, telling him to watch his hands, then let him shoot an open three, which didn’t go in. I’m sure it was just an off day for him.

[QUOTE=andrew_uofc;428791]IDidn’t play great, and Harris called him out on a steal, telling him to watch his hands, then let him shoot an open three, which didn’t go in.[/QUOTE]

We would be stupid not to try and keep Dijuan as a coach.

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;428814]We would be stupid not to try and keep Dijuan as a coach.[/QUOTE]

I have said this multiple times - when we walks accross the stage in halton to get his diploma Lutz should be at the other end with a contract for him to sign.

As I mentioned last week, Derrio has been very impressive and is difficult for Dijuan to guard because of his quickness and can shoot it.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;428676]Thanks for the update. I’m ready for basketball. And some GOOD BASKETBALL too.[/QUOTE]

It’s been a while. Hope I still recognize GOOD BASKETBALL

That’s awesome that Dijuan gets to scrimmage against Derrio, Briscoe, and Parks.

Who did he scrimmage against at the end of last year? I’m guessing that it was either a backup center or a traffic cone with googly eyes and pipe cleaner arms.

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;428818]I have said this multiple times - when we walks accross the stage in halton to get his diploma Lutz should be at the other end with a contract for him to sign.[/QUOTE]

I hope he gets the chance to play overseas. Then come back and coach here.

I hope he gets the chance to play overseas. Then come back and coach here.

We need to show him some serious love this year. Dijuan should get a standing O every time he enters or leaves the floor.

I desperately need some Bowden news…Has he been playing at all? Saw him on campus with Spears.We’ve gotta have a 3 pt. ace to open up the inside for the big boys.