Preparing for the Utter matchup

Looking over the bracket, it looks like I’m now up against out shoutbox hero, Jim_Utter. I do realize that this is a [I]very[/I] difficult matchup, but let me plead my case. I do know that Jim has done a lot for Niner Nation this year - so much that his presence in the NNNIT is debatable, but regardless, here he is. Unfortunately, I believe there is no strategy but to take the low road… and question Jim_Utter’s dedication to the Nation. ([B]Let me preface this with the statement that I truly do appreciate Jim, and this is all joking[/B]).

There’s a major difference between Jim_Utter’s dedication to Niner Nation and SF4Nynah’s. SF4Nynah chose the Nation. He paid thousands of dollars, he proudly holds a degree from the university, he attended close to 200 Niner athletic events and he went full out with hair, face paint, and various other green/white ensembles for not only men’s basketball, but women’s basketball, men’s and women’s soccer, volleyball, baseball, softball and even tennis and track. Face painted at a track meet is dedication, my friends. Over the top? Maybe. A little too much? Possibly. But can you really go wrong with showing your Niner spirit?

Jim_Utter? He was assigned to the Nation. It’s his job, his beat. He covers the men’s basketball and his part is over. He does give us great information, he does give us great play-by-play, and he does do more than necessary. But under it all… what color does he bleed?

Let’s face it… Jim_Utter is the odds on favorite to win this thing. But what would it mean to him? Not a whole lot honestly. To a Niner alum and a proud member of the Nation (and Gang Green)… it would truly be an honor.

So it’s your choice. You can choose a fellow Niner who spent just as much time in the trenches as anyone, who is a willing and proud member of Niner Nation, or someone who [I]technically[/I] can’t show any team loyalty. Jim, we appreciate what you do for the Niners, but in the end, loyalty should win.

In closing, I say something that Jim can’t… [B][COLOR=SeaGreen]GO NINERS!!![/COLOR][/B]

does it help that jim is an alumnus of the university of charlotte? Or is that something we are going to over look?

does it help that jim is an alumnus of the university of charlotte? Or is that something we are going to over look?

Sssshhhh…
C’mon, Dax, help me out here. You ruined my campaign now.
See, some people might not have known that, so it would be nice if you’d overlook that.

Good effort. Me: 1991 UNC Charlotte graduate, political science major, criminal justice minor, worked on University Times in sports and news. Seen 49er “home” games at Halton Arena, Winthrop Coliseum, Crickett Arena, old Charlotte Coliseum and a midnight game in the Mineshaft against nationally ranked East Tennessee State. Who’s next?

Jim, if you could produce a photo of yourself cheering at one of those games when you were a student, I would without a doubt vote for you.

Sorry, only expensive polariod cameras available back then.

Good effort. Me: 1991 UNC Charlotte graduate, political science major, criminal justice minor, worked on University Times in sports and news. Seen 49er "home" games at Halton Arena, Winthrop Coliseum, Crickett Arena, old Charlotte Coliseum and a midnight game in the Mineshaft against nationally ranked East Tennessee State. Who's next?

Well ****, got my vote.

Jim Utter > religion > politics > you

fail