primetime with the packman

today a cincy fan called in and predicted they would beat us by 10. they then talked about how no charlotte fans had called this year given that we had such a good team this year. thought about calling in but didnt really know what to talk about. also has anyone ever heard QCB “Niner Heads” he is joking about how we dont have anyone to make bobbleheads for so we made a diego and jarvis lang, he then picks a player that we could make next year, todays was Luther Johnson.

[i]Originally posted by ninerID[/i]@Jan 18 2005, 05:12 PM [b] they then talked about how no charlotte fans had called this year given that we had such a good team this year. [/b]
That's because Packer and his cohosts have run off most Niner fans with their constant bashing over the years. No point in calling in if you don't listen in the first place.

Screw Packer, who needs him.

I agree why does anyone listen to him?

I can deal with Packer but the rest of the co-hosts have made the show anoying. I listen to it from time to time but frankly I am not all that surprised. He gave us some nice coverage when we were in the NCAA"s last year only to rip us after we lost to Texas Tech. I might drop an e-mail or two. I like the station with the exception of his show. I enjoy Penner and Mac and Morning Sports Page.

Packer did it to himself. I’m one Niner who’ll never listen or call in. Forget the fact he’s alienated Niner fans… the show simply sucks.

He tries to play the high road and let QCB and Hayseed rag the Niners but I’m sure off the air he’s telling them to keep ragging. The show has an issue with facts. It doesn’t use them.

Penner and Mack suck, too. They just whine and complain adn cut each other down. It’s like listening to an hours long argument. However, they don’t talk NASCAR, Michelle Wie, or Clemson basketball like Packman does. That tripe belongs to the Tar Hole fans.

[b]He tries to play the high road and let QCB and Hayseed rag the Niners but I'm sure off the air he's telling them to keep ragging. The show has an issue with facts. It doesn't use them. [/b]

one day…whenever it may be… when we make our huge run. wonder what he will have to say then? can’t wait.

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Jan 18 2005, 10:36 PM [b] Penner and Mack suck, too. They just whine and complain adn cut each other down. It's like listening to an hours long argument. However, they don't talk NASCAR, Michelle Wie, or Clemson basketball like Packman does. That tripe belongs to the Tar Hole fans. [/b]
Wait 'till February. Mac used to host a NASCAR talk show on one of the satellite radio networks.

clt faintly remembers packman…those were the pre xm days.

Actually packer was defending the niners, the day QCB and Hayseed were gone, a couple of days ago he made a reference to how well the niners were playing after beating UAB, of course I’m sure he paid attention before that.

Their show is without a doubt one of the worst radio sports shows in the country for anyone who even remotely follows sports. A cross between Jerry Springer, Dr Phil, and Jim Rome does not make for good listening.

As was said, why waste your time listening?

GO NINERS!!!

[i]Originally posted by NinerFan[/i]@Jan 19 2005, 09:20 AM [b] Their show is without a doubt one of the worst radio sports shows in the country for anyone who even remotely follows sports. [/b]
You guys haven't heard 850TheBuzz shows in Raleigh from 3-8pm everyday. Adam Gold from 3-6 and Morgan Patrick from 6-8 both talk by themselves for hours, hours, and hours. Having multiple people on one show has its advantages.

We have Packman on in Raleigh again however the signal strength is weak. They sign off the air at 5:30 this time of the year. However, this new station 1090am has good morning show although heavy on the ACC (which is expected here).

Pack’s show is more about the idiots who call in than anything. He does get some occasional quality guests to come on but other than that it’s the whiner line, two morons in QCB and Hayseed, and Pack who yuk yuks the whole time and repeats what people say when they call in. The sportswriters on the show are the only ones who know anything about sports and they are drowned out by the aforementioned lunacy. It appeals to the lowest common denominator listener.

They are not pro niner so I listen very little.That simple.

[i]Originally posted by lake49er[/i]@Jan 19 2005, 09:49 AM [b] They are not pro niner so I listen very little.That simple. [/b]
Didn't you call Ralph over at Bubba's and tell him you'd never patronize his establishment because of the anti-Niner Packman show?

Packman employs Hayseed and QCB and gives them airtime. That’s reason enough to not listen to him.

Maybe if they would expand their topics I might listen to them but all they talk about is the ACC, it seems they rarely even talk about the Panthers on my drive home.

Regardless of his opinion of the Niners, his show sucks. The last time I listened was right before the panthers were in the super bowl last year.

Packer’s show seems to be all about disparaging the home town team no matter what team it is. The Niners, Bobcats and the Panthers all get shat upon almost daily. What a boon to Charlotte that show is. :rolleyes: