Printer Ink Refill Injectors

I’ve always just gone out and bought new cartridges but if you print at home as much as I do, this isn’t very cheap. Saw on Overstock.com that I can get one of those refill kits where you inject in the ink for just $14.99.

Has anyone used these things and are they worth it? Easy to use? Just curious because it seems like a great option unless it’s crap.

I tried it once and it didn’t work for me. It was easy enough to refill the cartridges, but then my (lexmark) printer would not print at all (black or color). Someone told me that it could have been because the sponge inside the cartridges has dried out before I refilled it, but I’m not sure. It seems to me like it still should work if you resoak the sponge with new ink. I ended up throwing the kit away.

I reccomend printing everything at work. :wink:

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Nov 24 2004, 03:05 PM [b] I've always just gone out and bought new cartridges but if you print at home as much as I do, this isn't very cheap. Saw on Overstock.com that I can get one of those refill kits where you inject in the ink for just $14.99.

Has anyone used these things and are they worth it? Easy to use? Just curious because it seems like a great option unless it’s crap. [/b]

There’s a place on South Blvd that sells refilled cartridges supposedly for cheap.

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Nov 24 2004, 02:16 PM [b] I reccomend printing everything at work. ;) [/b]
I do that as much as I possible can but over the weekend and holidays, I usually need to print stuff on the spot at home. The sponge drying up actually makes sense and I'm not sure just shooting some fresh ink in there would bring it back to life because those things get pretty crusty after a while. The injectors probably work okay if you use it as soon as you run out of ink.

Any idea on the name/location of the place on South Blvd., NA? I usually just buy in bulk at Sam’s Club/Costco but even that is pretty costly.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Nov 24 2004, 04:34 PM [b] Any idea on the name/location of the place on South Blvd., NA? I usually just buy in bulk at Sam's Club/Costco but even that is pretty costly. [/b]
It's in between Queen Park/South End Brewery in a brick faced shopping center on the opposite side of the road.

Actually, it might be near Marsh Rd or Clanton Road or one of the cut throughs near that Pepsi bottler.

You cant miss it, it’s the end unit shop closest to the road. I cannot rememberw hat it’s called but it has a sign about used ink cartridges.

The refill cheapos are just that, cheapo. Ink quality is horrible and they run out really fast. I say shell out the clams for the manufacturer stuff. It’s expensive but the only thing that gives good quality ink.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Nov 24 2004, 04:34 PM [b] Any idea on the name/location of the place on South Blvd., NA? I usually just buy in bulk at Sam's Club/Costco but even that is pretty costly. [/b]
[url=http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=B:CN3387426&ck=2448628647&tab=B2C&tcat=24845074&city=Charlotte&state=NC&zip=28211&uzip=28211&country=us&msa=1520&cs=5&ed=1VdyBK1o2TwYJFA8hEfIN8MBVdthtYoX8DrwP6efyiVu&stat=:pos:0:regular:regT:4:fbT:0]Davis Inkjet & Toner[/url]