Profess your 49ers love

Contact us | Are you a true college hoops fan?

We want to find 65 true fans from the Charlotte region – one for each team in the field – to follow through March Madness.

Have a bad case of Gonzaga on the brain? How about Fairleigh Dickinson, Vermont or Nevada? We want you, just as badly as we want a diehard to carry the colors for North Carolina, Charlotte, Wake, Davidson or Duke.

So if you bleed Syracuse Orange, let us know. If you have Bucky Badger or a Winthrop Eagle tucked beneath your pillow, you’re our kind of compulsive.

A couple of conditions: You have to live in the Charlotte region. You have to agree to come for a group picture before the start of the tournament, and you have to agree to talk to us on and off until a champ is picked.

Interested? Email us at marchmadness@charlotteobserver.com.

Tell us who you are, who you pull for, where you live, and why you should be the sole representative of your favorite team. Send us a photo if you have a digital copy handy.

There is no age limit. But only the truest of true-blue fans should apply.

We realize the official field won’t be picked for a while. We’re just getting started early, to find the best of the best.

I nominate lefty to represent Charlotte. :stuck_out_tongue:

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Feb 25 2005, 02:13 PM [b] I nominate lefty to represent Charlotte. :P [/b]
Husband & wife team would prob get you in. :smirk: