Projected starting lineup for next season

agree. he is also an excellent post defender and has some post moves on offense but can also take bigs away from the basket. the biggest thing he needs to work on his tightening up his handles.

I think we are overlooking Garcia. He is a borderline 4 star recruit who had offers from Texas and Texas A&M.

1 Like

he looks really good in his highlights fwiw but do we think he plays center at 6ā€™8"? a lot of these sites have him listed as a wing and it looks like he has solid handles. we def. need to add an experienced post player though. garcia, supica and the kiwi is not enough.

Jared Garcia has a few videos out that shows he is a defensive hawk first ā€¦and also can finish and pass around the rim . He was being looked at by Texas and Texas A&M and is a borderline 5 starā€¦he can play the 4 or 5 and added an inch and 20 pounds since his intent to come here ā€¦I love vasic and supica ā€¦but factoring in Williams ā€¦CSCā€¦ and Garcia ā€¦I donā€™t see their minutes increasing next year

I wasnā€™t trying to degrade Vasicā€™s game ā€¦ my personal opinion is just we have talented wings now in CSC and Brice Williams ā€¦Vasic can shoot the Tre ball though I love his attitude towards the game ā€¦ I just donā€™t see his minutes increasing next year thatā€™s all ā€¦which is why I mentioned him or supica being in transfer portal ( hope thatā€™s not the case) . But we are sleeping on CSC and def Jared Garcia ā€¦I am surprised we actually got him to sign ā€¦ the kid is good

have you had an opportunity to see garcia play in person? also, what is his height now? i saw him listed at 6ā€™8". im not sure he was a borerline 5 star, maybe 4 star, which is still impressive. i loved his highlight videos so these arent skeptical questions but curiousity.

I was close ā€¦he out in Katy Tx and I have fam in Dallas ā€¦tried to make one ā€¦ but if you go to his IG page he has his videos up ā€¦a couple on YouTube that are recent ā€¦tbh Iā€™m basing my statements off those videos, but he looks like the best player on the court

Also ranked #73 ranked player in nation ā€¦top 100 on most rankings . Havenā€™t seen him in person but I got a feeling he will contribute immediatelyā€¦ he reminds me of bamba but more physical

Well, I know you canā€™t always trust measurements but Garcia is listed as 6-8 - which, of course, was the actual height of Martin Iti.

can you link his instagram or those youtube videos? i canā€™t find them.

Ok give me a few minutes as I am not really technologically savvy ā€¦

It wonā€™t let me copy and past his IG videos but imma keep trying

ive seen some of these videos. that last one is really exciting. i wish i could find a whole game.

Have you seen this one bro ? I got excited when u saw this

iā€™ve seeh that one. he looked great(except for the iti dunk). have you seen this one?
https://www.thehoophustle.com/news_article/show/967245

I have not ā€¦wow! very dominant in the paint offensively is new to meā€¦ very up and personal skill setā€¦looks like mentally he is exactly what Sanchez wants ā€¦I love it ā€¦reminds me of Curtis withers somehow

1 Like

Cedric Maxwell was 6ā€™8", but thanks to his wingspan, he played like a 7 footer.

I donā€™t think we can call Brice or csc more talented than vasic yet. Brice has been fine for a freshman but heā€™s not contributing much yet (though I think his ceiling is as high as any player we have had in 10 years). Vasic has played fairly well the last few weeks and he seems to be getting more confident in his game. Csc is a complete unknown at this level.

Since he already burned a redshirt with the acl tear, there is virtually 0 chance he transfers after this season. He will graduate (if he has stayed on track with classes) next year though and he will be able to grad transfer for his final season without sitting out. That is when he will transfer if he decides not to play all four years here. He gains nothing by transferring after this season.

I think younger will be our only transfer this season.

1 Like

I like how you put that ā€¦

The kidā€™s an ATHLETE!