Props to Jena Janavoy

I was driving around Durham this weekend visiting family and I flipped the radio on to 1090 AM and what I heard made me pull over to the side of the road. There was a show on called Triangle Tip-off preview (or something like that) and they had Jena on the air live from New Orleans talking about the Niners. She talked about us for the whole segment. I thought she did a great job. She talked about Plavich’s range, Withers staring off slow but coming on of late, Eddie Basden, and the Niners remaining schedule. I was shocked to hear anyhting about the Niners in the heart of ACC country.

Keep up the good work Jena both on the air and in print. You’re doing a great job. Mike P., she needs a raise.

Jeena does a super job on Niners without a doubt. But, in my opinion a raise for her would have to wait for the approval from the chapel hole area. Wouldn’t you agree with me mr. Bo ?

Jena is by far the most talented member of the Observer staff.

[i]Originally posted by Mr. Bojangles[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 10:17 PM [b] I was driving around Durham this weekend visiting family and I flipped the radio on to 1090 AM and what I heard made me pull over to the side of the road. There was a show on called Triangle Tip-off preview (or something like that) and they had Jena on the air live from New Orleans talking about the Niners. She talked about us for the whole segment. I thought she did a great job. She talked about Plavich's range, Withers staring off slow but coming on of late, Eddie Basden, and the Niners remaining schedule. I was shocked to hear anyhting about the Niners in the heart of ACC country.

Keep up the good work Jena both on the air and in print. You’re doing a great job. Mike P., she needs a raise. [/b]

I’m originally from Raleigh, and you’re right … you do NOT hear ANY UNC Charlotte/Niners/anything outside of the ACC in the RDU area.

Only time the Niners got some real pub in the Raleigh area was the year UNC beat the Niners in the second round of the NCAA tourney in 1998.

And, for the record, Jena is doing a great job of followin’ “our” team.

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 11:02 PM [b] Jena is by far the most talented member of the Observer staff. [/b]
Wouldn't argue a second with that Over40. She didn't come from the UNC-Chapel Hill School of Journalism so her views are not cloudy like most writers in the area.

Jena rules! :thumbsup:

Jena is doing a great job. They should have her on the radio locally. I thought her research on our record in games immediately (during the same week) after being ranked was excellent. In case anyone missed it, we’re 10-6 in those games.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Feb 21 2005, 08:07 AM [b] ....They should have her on the radio locally..... [/b]
I am trying to visualize (or maybe I should say audioize) her being the guest host on Packer's show. That might be the day we would all need to listen and call in. That said, the morning show would be the most appealing.