Props to Niner Womens BB...

…Great win over USC on the road. Keep it going. You’ve got what it takes!

Looks like we could be heading towards a rematch with the Gators if they can take care of Florida Gulf Coast U.

GO NINERS

Bracket: http://www.womensnit.com/photos/bracket35.pdf

I would like our chances if we played Florida again, but don’t count out FGCU - the game is in Fort Myers.

Florida Gulf Coast has a 137-9 all-time record at home. The Eagles are 59-3 home record since moving to Division I. They had 3002 butts in the seats at their opening round WNIT game vs Drexel (4500 arena capacity). Tonight’s game might beat that number.

Wonder how many of the 59 were against the A-Sun. Still impresssive.

[quote=“HP49er, post:4, topic:25169”]Florida Gulf Coast has a 137-9 all-time record at home. The Eagles are 59-3 home record since moving to Division I. They had 3002 butts in the seats at their opening round WNIT game vs Drexel (4500 arena capacity). Tonight’s game might beat that number.[/quote] Amanda’s blood pressure may also exceed it’s all time high if her Gators wilt under the pressure. :smiley:

Anyone know the likelihood of our ladies getting the next game at home?

Does seeding come into play in the NIT?

Also, I believe after beating USC the women now have the most wins ever in a season, with 25…

[quote=“ShaGGy, post:7, topic:25169”]Anyone know the likelihood of our ladies getting the next game at home?

Does seeding come into play in the NIT?[/quote]

No seeding… it is all about bidding.

I think we need to be rooting for UF in this one if we want another home game… UFGC appears to be offering up some big bids so far, getting both games at home.

florida won tonite…ON TO GAINESVILLE!!!

David Scott says the game will be at Halton.

We will host the Butler and the Gators on Thursday night at 7:00!!

David Scott says the game will be at Halton.

We will host the Butler and the Gators on Thursday night at 7:00!![/quote] Karen deserves the lower bowl to be full, and I don’t mean with Gaturds either.

4ever, yes Karen deserves that but the athletic department is still basking in the aftermath of hosting the Tar Heels last week. You know how things work there, at least Florida won’t bring the crowd like NC A&T did. It will be up to Niner Nation to do it. It will be quality basketball.

The Florida-Florida Gulf Coast game attracted a record crowd of 4543 last night in Alico Arena.

The way it works is high bidder gets the game. Charlotte 1. UF 0. What’s the point in this? The tournament nets 300+k for Charlotte Athletcs. Isn’t that good? The school doesn’t pick the teams.

The way it works is high bidder gets the game. Charlotte 1. UF 0. What’s the point in this? The tournament nets 300+k for Charlotte Athletcs. Isn’t that good? The school doesn’t pick the teams.[/quote] Well, I got a couple of E-mails from the athletic dept reminding me that tickets were still available for the games at Time Warner. So far, all I have received about OUR game is from the Eureka club, which is in the women’s basketball office. Since the game is Thursday and today is Tuesday, I would think they would be doing something to remind people ASAP and I don’t mean Eureka members who already know.

NinerJag, I know how the bidding goes, etc. You missed my point entirely about the marketing, lack of. This team (and last year’s too) deserve some notice.

[quote=“HP49er, post:13, topic:25169”]4ever, yes Karen deserves that but the athletic department is still basking in the aftermath of hosting the Tar Heels last week. You know how things work there, at least Florida won’t bring the crowd like NC A&T did. It will be up to Niner Nation to do it. It will be quality basketball.

The Florida-Florida Gulf Coast game attracted a record crowd of 4543 last night in Alico Arena.

[/quote]

Looks like every white player’s grandparent and great aunts and uncles went to this game. :wink:

I got an email this morning from Kelly Weatherman in the 49er Club about the WNIT game.

I just thought you were inferring that the dept was full of UNC fans.

Still waiting to see if I can get off of work early to go.

Hey Amanda, we like Karen better!