Quincy Miller SF 2011

[QUOTE=hootie;436527]Remember guys, the approach to the NBA game is totally different from the college game. That’s why Hansbrough doesn’t go in the top 5. I promise you, the only reason NBA scouts watch college games is to evaluate upside.

That’s why Rodney went so high. If he had worked his a$$ off, he coulda been a player. Instead, he cashed his 9 Mill check and was off to float through the Euro leagues.

There are big misses every year from the early entries, lots of big men that teams hope fan out and don’t. The list is huge- Oliwakandi and list goes on and on.

Pay attention sometimes to Monday Night Football, it’s the same thing. Count how many NFL starters come from non-BCS schools. Some weeks it’s darn near half. Pros really don’t care that much about college guy coaches opinions. They go on combines as much as anything.[/QUOTE]And Hootie hits the nail on the head again.

[QUOTE=hootie;436677]True- we tend to have a lot of tweeners. Rodney was the guy with the skillset and size, but I fear he didn’t have the heart. Got paid though.[/QUOTE]Yep… specifically, a lack of desire to pay defense.

[QUOTE=TRLeader;436652]All of these players have one thing in common…they played a position at Charlotte at a high level that they weren’t physically suited for at the NBA level.

Henry played SG here…due to size needed to play PG in the NBA…he’s not a PG at all.

Jarvis & Demarco played the 4 here…was too small to play the 4 in the NBA and would have needed to play the 3…was not a 3.

Eddie was a great 3 for us…had SG size for the NBA and was NO WHERE near a SG.

The difference in BCS vs Non-BCS isn’t skillset…it’s the combination of SIZE and skillset.

At Indiana…I’m sure Henry would have seen more bench time behind a true PG and a Bigger…more traditional 2G. Even if he did succeded at Indiana, his PG size and SG skills would have eventually resulted in the same pro career.

But he may have gotton more of a benefit of the doubt on trade day.[/QUOTE]

I agree that our best players are usually undersized for the NBA. But there are undersized NBA players form BCS leagues too. Ben Gordon, Chris Jackson, Elton Brand, Sean May, Kevin Love, Jack McClinton, Tony Allen, Eddie House, Sheldon Williams, Craig Smith.

Did not attend Calipari “Love-a-thon”… :rolleyes:

Lexington.com: Scratch Quincy Miller from UK Madness list

Latest from Zagoria…

Zagsblog.com: Quincy Miller keeping options open