Raekwon Long - 2016 C

[font=verdana][size=1em]Long is a 7 footer out of Garinger and according to Telep, he’s been on campus.[/size][/font]

7-foot frosh sees Tobacco Road and beyond

Freshman 7-foot center Raekwon Long (Charlotte, N.C./Garinger) is a big boy. He has quietly been getting around. Though no head coaches have been to Garinger to see him play a game, he’s seen their offices.

Back in the fall, Long went to Kentucky unofficially and watched UK’s alumni game. He was at Duke for its win over Miami. He saw the Tar Heels host Virginia Tech. He’s met Jeff Bzdelik at Wake Forest, and Alan Major had him on campus at Charlotte. And did I mention he’s been to Clemson and that an Ohio State assistant popped in to see him?

Rivals - no stars

Scout -

ESPN -

247 - no stars

The kid is an absolute monster, and gets better by the day.

we should be at this kid’s school every day. if we get this kid, major should be extended for 10 years.

People would be mad it wasn’t just for 7 yrs

This guy sounds good but I would rather sign Rae Dawn Chong

RT @Justinbyerly: Oklahoma is latest school to reach out to 7’0 2016 C Raekwon Long of Karolina Diamonds. @raekwonlong

Took unofficial to Tennessee this week.

Jamie Shaw ‏@JamieShaw5 5h
Raekwon Long 7’ '16 @raekwonlong chose to attend ScottCounty HS (Ky) over TrinityCatholic & IMG Academy, yesterday. @VerbalCommits #GetLooks

Transferring to Scott County in KY, we are not listed in his top 6.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/06/24/4126698/garingers-raekwon-long-leaving.html

Was at Lincolnton HS earlier tonight to watch my nephew, who plays on the East Lincoln HS JV boys basketball team. Anyway, being in the LHS gym got me to thinking about a big man who had played for LHS that we had been interested in and after a Google search, remembered it was the oft traveled Raekwon Long!

Seems to have disappeared after a couple of JUCO seasons - first at Daytona State and then at Chattanooga State. Had signed with FIU during his senior year at Lincolnton.

Run… your mind is a steel trap my man.

I saw him at a game at LHS last year and he was telling people he had a tryout for the Hornets.

He fell a Long ways. If I’m not mistaken, he was a high rated kid st one point. 4 star st minimum and Kentucky was interested. I’m sure there is a good backstory somewhere with his path.

He turned professional, playing overseas now after leaving Chattanooga Juco.

Thanks! Gotta think academics/grades had something to do with a different high school every year plus two different junior colleges. Hope all turns out well for him!

Grades were not an issue.

Thanks again! Just speculation on my part since he didn’t end up at FIU or any other D-I.