Ranked vs. Ranked?

When was the last time we played a ranked team as a ranked team ourselves during the regular season? I don’t think it has happened since 1993, but I wasn’t sure about before then. We weren’t ranked until late during the 1998 and 1999 seasons, and I don’t remember playing any ranked teams once we were ranked. The only other time it could have happened was during the 1977 or 1992 seasons according to the game notes. Was Alabama ranked when we beat them in the ToC in 1992? Any of you elder statesman know about this?

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Mar 3 2005, 02:47 PM [b] When was the last time we played a ranked team as a ranked team ourselves [b]during the regular season[/b]? I don't think it has happened since 1993, but I wasn't sure about before then. We weren't ranked until late during the 1998 and 1999 seasons, and I don't remember playing any ranked teams once we were ranked. The only other time it could have happened was during the 1977 or 1992 seasons according to the game notes. Was Alabama ranked when we beat them in the ToC in 1992? Any of you elder statesman know about this? [/b]
Alabama and Depaul were both ranked in the teens prior to the ToC that year, I believe at #15 and #18, but that's just a guess, and I can't remember which was ranked higher.

We, however, were not ranked until after that great weekend.

That year (92) Alabolo and DePaul were ranked when the Henry Williams Niners defeated them in the Tournament of Champions. However, Charlotte was unranked. Immediately after the tournament UNCC entered the polls. The next year they gave the tournament to NC-Chapel Hill. I’ve been going since '88 and I don’t recall one ranked vs. ranked matchup. Was the tourney game vs. NC-Chapel Hill one such event?

I don’t have my media guide in front of me, but didn’t we play Louisville or Tulane as a ranked team that season?

[b]Was the tourney game vs. NC-Chapel Hill one such event? [/b]

Yes, the 1998 NCAA Tourney game against UNC-CH was one in which both of us were ranked. We moved into the polls just before the NCAA Tourney. We might have also been ranked when we played Cincy for the 1999 CUSA Tourney title. If so, that was another match-up with a ranked apponent while we were also ranked, but it, of course, was not a regular season matchup either.

[b]That year (92) Alabolo and DePaul were ranked when the Henry Williams Niners defeated them in the Tournament of Champions. However, Charlotte was unranked. Immediately after the tournament UNCC entered the polls. [/b]

Were we ranked yet when we played #1 Duke in the 1991-1992 season?

For posterity purposes, In 99 we played (and defeated) Cincy in the semis, then Louisville in the finals.

Maybe I’m wrong, but didn’t we play Florida while we were ranked during the year of Rodney White (early in the season when the team was going crazy with threes)?

No. The only game we played that year while ranked was Indiana, and we lost.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Mar 3 2005, 04:32 PM [b] Were we ranked yet when we played #1 Duke in the 1991-1992 season?

[/b]

I believe we were ranked 17th for that game? I remember their students chanting “overrated”