Rashad Coleman - 6'6 SF (2008)

So it was the same "school."
OK, I guess I'm just a little more skeptical about it than the rest of you.

Has anyone ever called it a school? Why would a former college student enroll in a high school, anyway?

It’s like questioning the academic integrity of a summer camp or sending a transcript request to Bojangles Tournament pupils. They just play games against prep schools - they’re not a prep school nor do they pretend to be one.

If we land this kid I am o'kay with holding the other [B]schollie[/B] or use [B]it[/B] for a stud transfer. We should be 2 deep at every position next year.

fixed.

There would just be one schollie remaining, no? Lewis, Goldwire, & Phaler for Bowden, Coleman, and ____. It seems like there are better 2009 options anyway.

If we land Coleman … does anyone know the length of his college eligibility?

fixed.

There would just be one schollie remaining, no? Lewis, Goldwire, & Phaler for Bowden, Coleman, and ____. It seems like there are better 2009 options anyway.

If we land Coleman … does anyone know the length of his college eligibility?

See Run49er’s post earlier in the thread:

[QUOTE]Making an unofficial visit to Charlotte on Sunday was 6-foot-5 shooting guard Rashaude Coleman, a former prep player from LaGrange, Ga., who attends the Heat Basketball Academy in Martinsville, Va. He is also being recruited by Georgia Tech and would have 2 1/2 to three seasons of eligibility remaining if he joined the 49ers.

Charlotte.com: [COLOR=#004c26]Observations | Duquesne at Charlotte[/COLOR] [/QUOTE]

cibik02…good one. Check most of the threads started over the last few years or even before ninernation existed in regards to recruiting. “Baby daddy” is in your vocabulary, not mine my friend.

[QUOTE=survivor45;308829]fixed.

If we land Coleman … does anyone know the length of his college eligibility?[/QUOTE]

I’ve heard 2.5 years, i dunno, maybe 3…

This guy is puzzling. We dont know how many yrs he is eligible, he played some college at a small school but we dont know which one and cant really find any info on him.

Definitely weird.

But, if he’s a player, i dont care. Sign him up.

[QUOTE=Iron9er;309031]We dont know how many yrs he is eligible…[/QUOTE]
As I have already posted in this thread (and again re-posted by 9erken), he would have 2 1/2 years of eligibility.

[QUOTE=run49er;309159]As I have already posted in this thread (and again re-posted by 9erken), he would have 2 1/2 years of eligibility.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw it. It says 2.5 to 3. Just a little amibiguity on something that should be easily found out. But, we don’t even know where this guy went to school.

[QUOTE=Iron9er;309282]Yeah, I saw it. It says 2.5 to 3. Just a little amibiguity on something that should be easily found out. But, we don’t even know where this guy went to school.[/QUOTE]

[B][URL=http://www.bpc.edu/]Brewton-Parker College[/URL][/B]

It looks like he used up at least 3 semesters worth of eligibility. His stats were not particularly good. 9.4% (3-32) from beyond the arc in his sophomore year. http://www.dakstats.com/WebSync/Pages/Team/IndividualStats.aspx?association=10&sg=MBB&sea=NAIMBB_2006&team=376&plr=18051

Good find, Survivor. I’m a little behind you, just figuring that he attended LaGrange Academy (LaGrange, GA) as a prep.

BTW, I’ve also seen his first name spelled as Rashaude.

[QUOTE=run49er;309287]Good find, Survivor. I’m a little behind you, just figuring that he attended LaGrange Academy (LaGrange, GA) as a prep.

BTW, I’ve also seen his first name spelled as Rashaude.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I’ve seen it spelled that way too.

[QUOTE=survivor45;309286][B][URL=http://www.bpc.edu/]Brewton-Parker College[/URL][/B]

It looks like he used up at least 3 semesters worth of eligibility. His stats were not particularly good. 9.4% (3-32) from beyond the arc in his sophomore year. http://www.dakstats.com/WebSync/Pages/Team/IndividualStats.aspx?association=10&sg=MBB&sea=NAIMBB_2006&team=376&plr=18051[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Thanks for the find. I would have almost it rather be a mystery now that I see the stats though.

Apparently Coleman can flat out score…

This from Rivals:

"He is a player," says Niblett. "He is a scorer, sees the floor well and can make everyone better."

Niblett was not exaggerating about Coleman’s scoring ability. This past season for the Heat, he averaged 25 points a game, including several games in the forties that included a season high of 45 against Laurinburg Institute.

He shot 44 percent from the field and 78 percent from the free throw line. Coleman also averaged six rebounds and three assists per game.

The Heat went 31-6 this past season playing against a variety of competition such as other prep schools and some division two schools like Wingate. Coleman lit Wingate up for 31 and Niblett believes that not one player they faced was better than Coleman.

“I didn’t see anyone better than him. He is one of the finest ball players in the country,” said Niblett.

GA Tech and Oklahoma are also recruiting Coleman. This would be a HUGE land for us.

Yeah, I saw it. It says 2.5 to 3. Just a little amibiguity on something that should be easily found out. But, we don't even know where this guy went to school.

So how does that actually work? I mean, how does he play 2.5 seasons if that is his eligibility? Sit out the beginning of the season or what?

Apparently Coleman can flat out score..

This from Rivals:

GA Tech and Oklahoma are also recruiting Coleman. This would be a HUGE land for us.

Does it really look like we can get him though, and if he did would he be able to play right away or would he have to sit out a season?

seems as though we expect to land the guy from what i’ve heard. The eligibility is complicated and i believe that we really don’t know until a ruling later…

[QUOTE=UNCC49ersfan05;309950]Does it really look like we can get him though, and if he did would he be able to play right away or would he have to sit out a season?[/QUOTE]

my understanding is that he would be eligible immediately

eligibility like Gerrity was I would think.

He would eligible to play immediately this comming season, and would have two years.

Received this from a knowledgeable “insider” who asked that I post it:

The kid played 2 years at Brewton Parker (GA), an NAIA school. At that time he was barely 6’0 and is now almost 6’6, a legit 6'5. He is finishing his AA degree at Patrick Henry CC and plays for the Heat Academy which has transfers, prep school kids and HS kids. One player is going to UConn, another to Seton Hall. Rashad has offers from Ga Tech, OK State and basically everyone who has seen him playhas tried to get involved. Even, UConn trying to free up scholarship to get him!

He will have 2 years left starting next year as a junior. Originally, there was some thought that he might have 2 1/2, but it is only 2 years.

GO NINERS!!!