RB Rashad Hedgepeth (possible D-II transfer)

Hearing from a source that he is looking to transfer and Charlotte is on the list. He’s from Rocky Mount, NC so it seems that he is wanting to come closer to home.
Played D-II ball at Northwood and didn’t see a ton of time. Georgia Tech and Illinois offered and he was apparently interested in Notre Dame as well.

Can someone shed some light on transfer up from DII to DI rules? As in, does he have to sit a year or can he play immediately like a JUCO?

Also, 3 years of eligibility remaining?

EDIT - I now realize that it doesn’t matter because we have a year of no games anyway, but still would like to know for the future.

My understanding is that transfers to a new division can play right away. A lot of FBS players that don’t get the playing time they want transfer to FCS and play right away as well.

[quote=“jfickett, post:2, topic:26709”]Can someone shed some light on transfer up from DII to DI rules? As in, does he have to sit a year or can he play immediately like a JUCO?

Also, 3 years of eligibility remaining?

EDIT - I now realize that it doesn’t matter because we have a year of no games anyway, but still would like to know for the future.[/quote]In basketball DII to DI has to sit a year (although going DI to DII doesn’t have that requirement).

In football, I’m fairly certain 49erFBN is correct.

If you move up, you have to sit 1 year. That is my understanding.

Played D-II ball at Northwood and didn’t see a ton of time. Georgia Tech and Illinois offered and he was apparently interested in Notre Dame as well.

Is not seeing a ton of time at a Northwood but was offered by Ga. Tech and Illini. Sounds like someone missed on their evaluations of him unless there is a missing piece of the puzzle.

Been looking all over and I have no idea why he didn’t go to GT or Illinois and picked some school in the middle of rural Michigan (granted Detroit is 2.5 hours away). If anything I think he would have picked GT because it’s relatively close to Rocky Mount (8 hours, but it beats a 14 hour trip to MI)

Offers could have been pulled by GT/ILL based on grades or off the field issues, just a guess.

clt asks if this kid can shoot. We need a shooter.

His scout profile.
http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=8&c=1&nid=4851145

No shooting in Charlotte football unless you are Rae Carruth.

4.32 forty time? Sign him up. This kid can fly.

Hopefully he can see time on the PR/KR teams.
Although its a bit early to be predicting positions haha