Re: Andrew White - Grad transfer from Nebraska

You do realize other teams are also trying to improve their teams as well right.

We have no idea what we will get from our big guys. PG was not our problem last year. It does hurt the Scott left.

I really think your goals (at large) are unrealistic and you underestimate how bad our SOS will be again this year. Winning the cusa tourney is possible and is the only way to get in the tournament this year.

FWIW, I hope you are right and I’m wrong.

If possible, could someone move the posts about our NCAA tournament outlook to a different thread? I understand how we got here and I appreciate the dialogue but it would be more appropriate in a thread not labeled specifically and dedicated to a potential recruit.

Is he even a recruit? Both topics covered in this thread are equally pie in the sky at this point.

FWIW, I’d bet every millennial would say this.

Ok, what exactly is your point? That everyone born between 1982 and 2000 would outright lie about their experience growing up?

Ok, what exactly is your point? That everyone born between 1982 and 2000 would outright lie about their experience growing up?[/quote]

No, I dont think he said that----but rather just that it is hard to “judge” yourself or your own upbringing. Kind of like if you ask a strange person if they think they are strange…they will most often say no. Most all of us think we are “normal”.

I think white would be a good addition. not many offenses in cusa could score with us.

not many teams period could score with us. o well. obviously nothing official, but not expecting him to come here but i believe that the offense that price runs could showcase his skills.

He was one of the leading scorers in the Big 10 last year. He has a real shot at the NBA and can go almost anywhere he wants to. I seriously doubt he comes here or even considers it.

Sure you can go to the league from any school if you are good, but he put up 16.6 ppg against Big 10 competition. Even though CUSA is a significantly weaker conference, that doesn’t mean he will necessarily score more than that here, especially since we have so many capable scorers in the back court. Let’s say he sticks around the same numbers, 15+ PPG in a major conference is going to help your draft stock considerably more than 15+ PPG in CUSA.

[quote=“Niner National, post:29, topic:30407”]He was one of the leading scorers in the Big 10 last year. He has a real shot at the NBA and can go almost anywhere he wants to. I seriously doubt he comes here or even considers it.

Sure you can go to the league from any school if you are good, but he put up 16.6 ppg against Big 10 competition. Even though CUSA is a significantly weaker conference, that doesn’t mean he will necessarily score more than that here, especially since we have so many capable scorers in the back court. Let’s say he sticks around the same numbers, 15+ PPG in a major conference is going to help your draft stock considerably more than 15+ PPG in CUSA.[/quote]

i dont necessarily disagree with this but never underestimate being in an nba city. price can call clifford and tell him to come check this kid out and thats a 20 mintute drive. this kid needs to go somewhere where he can be the first or second scorer. he can go anywhere, but he cant start everywhere. its about the right fit.

if he came here i’d be almost as excited as i am that this thread finally got back on track! :))

[quote=“earlyniner, post:31, topic:30407”]if he came here i’d be almost as excited as i am that this thread finally got back on track! :))[/quote] I’d be almost as amazed.

Ok, what exactly is your point? That everyone born between 1982 and 2000 would outright lie about their experience growing up?[/quote]

No, I dont think he said that----but rather just that it is hard to “judge” yourself or your own upbringing. Kind of like if you ask a strange person if they think they are strange…they will most often say no. Most all of us think we are “normal”.[/quote]

^What he said.

No, I dont think he said that----but rather just that it is hard to “judge” yourself or your own upbringing. Kind of like if you ask a strange person if they think they are strange…they will most often say no. Most all of us think we are “normal”.[/quote]

^What he said.[/quote]

If this was the correct inference to draw from the original point, then it applies to every damn generation - not just millenials.

^What he said.[/quote]

If this was the correct inference to draw from the original point, then it applies to every damn generation - not just millenials.[/quote]

How we view ourselves applies to everyone yes…realities (in general) can be different however.

^What he said.[/quote]

If this was the correct inference to draw from the original point, then it applies to every damn generation - not just millenials.[/quote]

How we view ourselves applies to everyone yes…realities (in general) can be different however.[/quote]

Saying a particular generation understands modern technology better than another is one thing. That’s observable and can be relatively true. Believing that an entire generation is incapable of perceiving/understanding reality (or specifically their upbringing) properly, is different - and laughably overstated.

Just to get back on topic I will post articles about White.

someone in one of those articles thinks that he could end up at vcu. i could totally see that. he is from richmond and they are a good program. that would make more sense than just going to a kentucky, where he would play 10-15 minutes per game. doesn’t matter if your team wins, if youre on the bench. i think that his father is overvaluing the appeal to scouts of winning big in the ncaa tournament. sure, it helps but i dont really think it matters that much in terms of making it to the nba. i truly believe that our system, run and gun, lots of threes, would really be a good fit for his game. i get that he probably won’t come here but i think he is making a mistake.

i wonder why we havent heard anything about where he is going. you would think he would have already had a school in mind or there would be some rumors out there but nothing so far that i have found.

Interesting tweet from our basketball team today:

[size=3]Fun Fact Friday: @AndrienWhite2 is the youngest of three. His brother also plays collegiate basketball! #49ersMBB[/size]