Re-paid TARP funds

Does anyone have a link or know with any certainty what will happen to re-paid TARP money?

[QUOTE=NLP;407985]Does anyone have a link or know with any certainty what will happen to re-paid TARP money?[/QUOTE]

No idea but imagine it will just go back into the huge black hole from which it orginally came from.

Does anyone have a link or know with any certainty what will happen to re-paid TARP money?
It will go where all our other tax dollars go.... where do they go?

And where do the interest payments go?

How can no one prominent be asking these questions?

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/business/banking/article/B-BANK12_20090511-211609/267133/

See the last paragraph. It will refund the TARP fund to bail the next ones out.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;407991]And where do the interest payments go?

How can no one prominent be asking these questions?[/QUOTE]

Wouldn’t it go back to the Treasury?

I see that upperdeck, but that doesn’t really satisfy the original question. Maybe I should modify it a bit? “When things get better, IF things get better, what ultimately happens to the TARP money?”

NA: Good point. I wasn’t sure how to word that into the question seemlessly but it was on my mind when I was making the thread.

Personally, I see a Fed with a huge balance sheet and a huge budget deficit… I think that’d be a nice place to start. What I don’t want to see is the money spent. On anything.

[QUOTE=NLP;408003]I
Personally, I see a Fed with a huge balance sheet and a huge budget deficit… I think that’d be a nice place to start. What I don’t want to see is the money spent. On anything.[/QUOTE]

In DC? Nah, they ain’t gonna spend it. :biggrin:

In DC? Nah, they ain't gonna spend it. :biggrin:
I know.... I'm going to write letters to Hayes, Burr, and Hagan that will basically be the literary equivalent of meat shields, but $700B flopping around in the wind kinda bothers me. Ya know?

Yeah, I just want to clarify that these TARP funds were set up as loans. The banks will one day pay back the principal, but they’ve already been making the interest payments. BofA already made at least one huge interest payment. I’m thinking it was something like $400 million, but I’m too lazy to look it up.

What will be done with the principal as it rolls back in?

What is being done with the current interest payments (aka REVENUES)?

More likely to happen first?

a) Senate Hearing specifically dedicated to where these funds are, and where they are going

b) Senate Hearing on Steroids in Baseball involving Manny Ramirez.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;408009]Yeah, I just want to clarify that these TARP funds were set up as loans. The banks will one day pay back the principal, but they’ve already been making the interest payments. BofA already made at least one huge interest payment. I’m thinking it was something like $400 million, but I’m too lazy to look it up.

What will be done with the principal as it rolls back in?

What is being done with the current interest payments (aka REVENUES)?[/QUOTE]

I’d imagine it all goes back to the Treasury but who knows what will happen after that. Hence the black hole I mentioned earlier.

[QUOTE=ninerID;408011]More likely to happen first?

a) Senate Hearing specifically dedicated to where these funds are, and where they are going

b) Senate Hearing on Steroids in Baseball involving Manny Ramirez.[/QUOTE]

Didn’t they have a hearing about a college football playoff system?

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;408037]Didn’t they have a hearing about a college football playoff system?[/QUOTE]

Yep, evidently the senator/Rep from Texas was pissed his Longhorns missed out.

Here is an interesting view of what went down…

http://money.cnn.com/2009/05/13/news/economy/TARP_pressure/index.htm?postversion=2009051314

I’m going w/ busting Manny’s chops comes 1st.
What is funny is the article on Tarp that was posted on the Richmond Times Dispatch had an ad in the corner about a lawyer for fraud tarp funds. I know we had joked before about setting up fake banks to get $. Apparently, someone actually did it, & a lawyer is looking for cases so he can sue over it.