Rebounding

We have totally forgotten how to do it. We won’t win a game in the NCAAs if we rebound like we have the past three games.

If the numbers I saw were correct, we were leading the rebounding margin 22-20 at one point. The final numbers - 42-28. We got outrebounded 22-6 to finish the game. That’s a lack of heart.

[i]Originally posted by BleednGreen[/i]@Mar 11 2005, 08:56 AM [b] If the numbers I saw were correct, we were leading the rebounding margin 22-20 at one point. The final numbers - 42-28. We got outrebounded 22-6 to finish the game. That's a lack of heart. [/b]
I agree. Granted, Memphis grabbed a few of those by climbing our backs but if you watched the game, you could easily see that Memphis attacked the boards harder than we did. They played to get every single rebound, on both ends of the court in the 2nd half and we did not. We're going to lose most games that we don't win the rebound battle in. And you don't have to be a "big" team to win that battle.

I can’t stand them but I give credit to the Tigers. I just felt they wanted it more than we did last night and it showed on the court and in the boxscore.

[i]Originally posted by BleednGreen[/i]@Mar 11 2005, 08:56 AM [b] If the numbers I saw were correct, we were leading the rebounding margin 22-20 at one point. The final numbers - 42-28. We got outrebounded 22-6 to finish the game. That's a lack of heart. [/b]
My first post on the game. This is why we lost. They killed us on the boards the second half. No heart, no energy, no desire. Curt can't do it all.

How about playing defense as well?

NO Boards + NO Defense= NO CHANCE.

That came down to desire last night…He who wants the ball gets the ball.

Tom Sorensen says in today’s article:

"The Tigers are terribly athletic. If one of them isn’t dunking or flying to the hoop, he’s hanging in the air while a 49er lands. But athleticism doesn’t explain Memphis’ second-half edge in rebounds. Memphis grabbed 25, the 49ers 13.

On those few occasions the 49ers threatened to make a run at making a run, the Tigers halted it with an offensive rebound.

The Tigers consistently hit shots that make you shake your head, playground shots as efficient as they are flashy. And when those shots don’t go in, the Tigers grab a rebound and try another."

I want to know where Iti was. Does anybody know how many rebounds he got? I can’t tell from the sketchy stats I got online. And “not enough” doesn’t qualify.

Also… we need to let Sorensen know NOT to come to any of our NCAA games. He tried to make a case for not being a jinx for us in his last article but we still haven’t won a game he’s attended.

[i]Originally posted by clifbar9er[/i]@Mar 11 2005, 10:29 AM [b] Does anybody know how many rebounds he got? I can't tell from the sketchy stats I got online. [/b]
According to ESPN he had 3 rebounds in 17 minutes. I know at least one of those, Eddie tipped it to him. The next time Iti boxes someone out, will be the first.
[i]Originally posted by BleednGreen+Mar 11 2005, 11:00 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (BleednGreen @ Mar 11 2005, 11:00 AM)