recruiting argument too

Agree. I lost what little optimism remaining when Thorne and Nickerson’s teams won state titles. They need to focus on individuals statistics and putting in the kind of work necessary to earn all-state/POY instead of being good teammates.[/quote]

:favorite:

Again…how many allstate guys did we get? Ummmm, that would be zero. Best recruiting class since we’ve been in the A10…maybe, but that’s not saying much and certainly not the level of talent required to make it back to the NCAA. If you’re that thrilled with this class and believe that Major is fulfilling his expectation as a good recruiter, I have to question your sanity. Btw…let’s just sign all the bench warmers off this year’s NC state championship team…apparently that’s the measuring stick of quality recruiting.

[quote=“max, post:2, topic:25197”]Again…how many allstate guys did we get? Ummmm, that would be zero. Best recruiting class since we’ve been in the A10…maybe, but that’s not saying much and certainly not the level of talent required to make it back to the NCAA. If you’re that thrilled with this class and believe that Major is fulfilling his expectation as a good recruiter, I have to question your sanity. Btw…let’s just sign all the bench warmers off this year’s NC state championship team…apparently that’s the measuring stick of quality recruiting.[/quote]Max, go ask the recruiting gurus what they think about the class that Major has assembled and get back with us with their feedback. I think you’ll be quite pleased.

I suggest you start by reaching out to Dave Telep: www.twitter.com/davetelep

Hi 2K…good to hear from you. I’ve met Dave and I know he ALWAYS has nice things to say about us and most programs across the country…super nice guy. But the fact remains that when WE DID make it to the NCAA and lose in the first round, we almost always had at least 6-8 Rivals, Scout, PrepStars Top 120 guys. Now…we have none. I think this class is filled with “nice players”, but I see nothing here that makes you say “Wow” or that is going to take us to the NCAA in the next 3 years. JMHO.

Yes, Nickerson hit the game changing 3 pointer from his spot on the bench.

You’re either a troll or an idiot.

[citation needed]

Jfelt…stimulating thoughts…whatever. BtW, Jason: Might I suggest “Hair Club for Men”? Talk about “Trolls”…lol.

I’m serious with this question. Was Jobey, Demon, Rodney, Plavich top 120 guys??

[quote=“max, post:4, topic:25197”]Hi 2K…good to hear from you. I’ve met Dave and I know he ALWAYS has nice things to say about us and most programs across the country…super nice guy. But the fact remains that when WE DID make it to the NCAA and lose in the first round, we almost always had at least 6-8 Rivals, Scout, PrepStars Top 120 guys. Now…we have none. I think this class is filled with “nice players”, but I see nothing here that makes you say “Wow” or that is going to take us to the NCAA in the next 3 years. JMHO.[/quote]if we had 8 top 120 players on one team and didn’t get out of the first round, it would be embarassing.

We’ve never had that much talent on 1 team. We’ve had good talent, but nothing like that, that I can recall.

Best of my recollection…everyone but Demon, but he was a postgrad PG for DeMarr Johnson I believe…I’m sure Jfelt will call me a troll or idiot and say I’m wrong though…lol.

This is when I wish we had that “He said what?” thread. Maybe max is right. Maybe this recruiting class is shitty. Only time will tell. But if(when) we end up not sucking, if(when) these players are part of an NCAA team for the Charlotte 49ers, I’d like to be able to hold him (and others) to their words. Or, if these players do suck (they won’t), and Major is proven to be a bad coach (he isn’t) and a bad hire (he wasn’t), these folks can point to what they said and rub it in our faces. Seems fun.

Great idea “Bust”…wanna put some money on it? I’ll bet you a $1000 dollars COLD hard cash that we don’t win a bid to the NCAA in the next 3 years. Will you match me? I’ve got about $1300 in my pocket now that someone paid me for one of my rental houses. Let’s meet in front of…say…maybe one of the site administrators…bring our money and have witnesses. You lose…you pay…and you GOTTA have the cash! You accept the official public challenge? I’d be happy to lose it to you as much as I would to win it…cause I love to win! Let me know, Bust.

Nah. I don’t care that much. Nor do I have that money or want anyone going all Stewey Griffin on me. I think a “He said what?” thread is sufficient. Public eating of the words is good enough for me.

If you don’t care…then why make such a bold and emphatic statement? I come from the old school of thought called “Put your money where your mouth is”. Not trying to beat you up, but I get tired of the koolaid bullsh*t that get’s spewed sometimes.

My statement wasn’t really that emphatic. I just disagree and think it would be more worthwhile for us to be able to hold people to their words down the line than debate what can’t be proven one way or the other right now. Maybe folks would stop trolling and QQing so much.

I don’t think we will suck. I don’t think this is a bad recruiting class. I do believe we could miss the NCAAs for the next 3 years, but that is because I have never seen these players and sports are like that. But I think we very much can make it in the next 3 seasons. The earliest my stance could be proven true is next march and your stance proven true is 3 years from now. Maybe this is the koolaid talking or maybe you are off base, but we can’t really know for a long time.

So when it comes time for someone to take that bet, are they supposed to ‘trust you’ that you’re good for it? Who’s the fiduciary in this bet?

i wish we had more David Booker’s too

No NLP…my lawyer friend says we can put the monery into a non-interest-bearing account. I’m game…U? Can I trust U?

Btw…Will Ferrell and Vince Vaughn were a riot in 'Old School". Wish they’d put a out another movie worth watching these days.