recruiting deadline

I need some clarification, so please forgive if this has been covered before as I typically do not follow recruting in any great detail. What is the recruiting deadline for '10-'11 players for basketball? I know that the letter of intent deadline was in May, but for those who have not signed, when do they need to declare? I’m assuming it’s August/September so they would be enrolled in school.

Thanks!

As long as it is by the last day they can enroll in classes they can play.

That means it’s school-specific, correct? If every school starts at different times, then it would vary based on their semester start date, right?

That means it’s school-specific, correct? If every school starts at different times, then it would vary based on their semester start date, right?[/quote]

correct.

thanks.

Some schools abuse it.

I read in SI about 10 years ago about a softball player from Australia enrolling before the last day to register on UCLA’s quarter system for the spring semester. She was real good, & they won the NCAA title or runner-up, by which time school was out. This player never came back to school there. One quarter, one title, gone. Not even 1 & done. That’s more like 1/4 & done.