Recruiting Strategies

Sorry i think this song would be the best for recruiting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clU1dsndwHo

ā€œHat back, top back, ainā€™t nothing but a young thug
HKs, 8 Kā€™s, i need to join a gun club.ā€

ā€œThey know I got that broccoli, so I keep that glock on me
Donā€™t get caught without one, coming from where Iā€™m fromā€

You listen to this garbage? If so, please delete your account because only the lowest, filthiest, unproductive, slimiest grime on the bottom of the dumpster behind McDonalds think this is good music. This thread should go to Gulag since this song sucks, has nothing to do with recruiting, and isnā€™t a ā€œstrategy.ā€ How the hell is a bunch of mumbled words to a beat going to help recruit?

ā€œHat back, top back, ainā€™t nothing but a young thug
HKs, 8 Kā€™s, i need to join a gun club.ā€

ā€œThey know I got that broccoli, so I keep that glock on me
Donā€™t get caught without one, coming from where Iā€™m fromā€

You listen to this garbage? If so, please delete your account because only the lowest, filthiest, unproductive, slimiest grime on the bottom of the dumpster behind McDonalds think this is good music. This thread should go to Gulag since this song sucks, has nothing to do with recruiting, and isnā€™t a ā€œstrategy.ā€ How the hell is a bunch of mumbled words to a beat going to help recruit?[/quote]

Calm down. Believe it or not, this is the type of music most of our bball and football recruits listen to. Not agreeing that I think it is a good song, just saying that kids we are looking to recruit probably like this music.

This song was apart of the warmup music for my high school football team a couple years ago when I was announcing the games. Most of the team had their head nodding to this jam, as long as it gets to the team pumped up i dont mind them playing this.

Using this song as a recruiting tool is ludacris though.

[quote=ā€œtrickynbc, post:4, topic:28437ā€]This song was apart of the warmup music for my high school football team a couple years ago when I was announcing the games. Most of the team had their head nodding to this jam, as long as it gets to the team pumped up i dont mind them playing this.

Using this song as a recruiting tool is ludacris though.[/quote]

agree. and i doubt that lambert would permit it anyway. good for him!

What song?

Then maybe we should change the title to Pre-game warmup song, and change the first post to say, ā€œI think this would be a good warmup song for the players,ā€ because right now it says recruiting strategy.

#1. That song is dogshit, no offense. Iā€™d prefer tired AC/DC to that.
#2. If a song needs to get the kids fired up before a game, the coaching staff has failed miserably. That being said, the kids would be running trough walls if we played Yani as their intro song.
#3. Intro music is more for the fans than it is the team- And will that song resonate with 90% of the FSL holders? No (and thatā€™s your target audience, not the students)
#4. More the reason we need something a little more iconic that can stand the test of time- and as Sammy Hagar said, only time will tell if you stand the test of time.

We used this song as intros to a basketball game I believe. Our basketball team has a tradition of changing things up for certain games and every year. The football team though needs something a little more timeless that we can make a tradition. The intro song, as S said, more for the fans than the players. You canā€™t make an electric atmosphere if the crowd doesnā€™t get into it no matter how much the players like it. I still say ecstacy of the gold canā€™t be toppedā€¦

Since Day 1, this has been the best option out there

never heard this version

clt endorses ecstasy of gold.

This needs to happen.

Hereā€™s our offers and where theyā€™re going. Thereā€™s still a few who havenā€™t picked yet.

Iā€™d be thrilled to get Jackson and one of Meadors/Cook. I doubt we could get all of them and I donā€™t think there is any way that we get Neal, Minor, or Keihn. Not that I wouldnā€™t welcome any of them- I just donā€™t think theyā€™ll pick us. I suppose itā€™s their loss.

Nice find. Thanks for sharing this.

Yea thatā€™s a great page. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I enjoy looking at the schools weā€™re competing against for these recruits. The staff seems to be doing a good job of targeting kids that we could possibly steal. I see a lot of NC and CUSA schools, which is a positive sign to be competing with those schools at this stage.

247 Sports is my go to for football recruiting. I think they are a little more comprehensive than ESPN or Rivals:

http://charlotte.247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/Targets

I would like to see a few more d-line targets, need to build both lines.

Wait, donā€™t we have 3 new DL guys coming in next year, the guy from Syr and the two freshman?