Recruiting wars,what school do we battle the most?

I guess the ACC in general is a good answer to this. But specifically what schools do we battle the most for our recruits? Lately it seems to be VA Tech, Clemson, Oklahoma, and Tennessee seems to always be in the mix with most of our guys. I have only been following recruiting for a little over two years, so I gues Im probbaly pretty far off with my answers. Who do you all think are our biggest foes in the recruiting wars?

Florida State… Von Wafer anyone? Alonzo Gee listing them now.

Lost DerMarr Johnson to Cincy a few years back, and Eric Hicks last year because we got in too late, straight from his mouth.

ahhh i cant believe i forgot F$U!!!

i have hated them ever since the von wafer mess

This year seems to be us vs. Oklahoma in a lot of these guys, unfortunately they are up 2-1 on us right now!

[i]Originally posted by Butter49er[/i]@Aug 17 2004, 12:55 PM [b] This year seems to be us vs. Oklahoma in a lot of these guys, unfortunately they are up 2-1 on us right now! [/b]
I always feel like we're in the hunt with Alabama.

Tintin

[i]Originally posted by Tintin[/i]@Aug 17 2004, 04:32 PM [b] I always feel like we're in the hunt with Alabama.

Tintin [/b]

yeah, we recruited albert weber, and i think ron steele

Excuse me for the ignorance but I was just wondering if FSU and Von Wafer is just a general knock against florida state and all the 90% discounts and get out of jail free cards they get, or did some actual details of underhanded recruiting come out? Just curious.

I’m sure it’s absolutely normal for a late bloomer like Wafer to pack up and sneak out of his NC prep school in the middle of the night and then show up days later at an F$U/Nike prep school factory. Beyond that, do your own homework and see what you find.

His recruiting by F$U was as crooked as Lombard Street in San Fran.

How good is Wafer.

Hard to tell as a frosh, saw him play on TV a couple of times, looked like Grier, but maybe Grier was better as a frosh than Wafer.

I think the important thing to keep in mind with recruiting and who we are competing with for players is that we are competing with the big boys. I don’t feel too bad when we loose to a Ok, FSU or a Clemson. We’ll only win 10% of those battles (see EJ)which is exceptable. I’m much more concerned when we are battling a UNCG, Western Michigan and College of Charleston for a kid and god forbid we lose a kid to one of them. We will find some diamonds in the rough(see Jobey and hopefully LG and JL). But I do love see Top 100 kids listing us along with ACC, SEC and Big 12 schools, thats when I know we are recruiting hard and recruiting well.

Wafer is better than Grier in about every aspect of the game. He’s got a near 40 inch vert, a beautiful jump shot, he runs the floor well and can finish with the best of them. He just needs to get stronger and learn some D.

[i]Originally posted by 49erFan1[/i]@Aug 19 2004, 08:22 AM [b] Wafer is better than Grier in about every aspect of the game. He's got a near 40 inch vert, a beautiful jump shot, he runs the floor well and can finish with the best of them. He just needs to get stronger and learn some D. [/b]
Agree 49er1, I think the only aspect of Grier's game that is above Wafer's is Grier's defense. Wafer will end up being a very special player for Florida State.