Reg. Season champ. or conference tourney champ. ?

Hey guys, is winning the conference championship more prestigous than winning the regular season championship OUTRIGHT??? Or is it the other way around??? Explain the ME why!!!

Regular Season.

Tourneys are too volatile to measure a conference champion. Someone gets hot, someone gets hurt, somebody knocks off your biggest opposition for you in the other half of the bracket. Ask Cincy and they will tell you, regular season Champion.

how about both???

Here is a question what channel is the cusa tourny broadcast on? Are some games on espn, i will be way out of town with spring break and am hoping to catch the games on espn.

For us… Regular Season… we’ve won the conf. tourney champ before. and we’ve shared the regular season… but we’ve never won the regular season outright, which always makes it sweeter.

That said, if we do both… we should get a #3/#4 seed.

If we do both I think a 3 seed is definite and a 2 seed is very possible.

I grew up in the frame of reference of the ACC, I have always felt the winner of the conf. tournament was the true champion. If they aren’t the true champion, then the tournament is meaningless.

Maybe its different in CUSA, but I still feel that the tournament winner is the real winner. I think our 5 way champoionship last year is a joke. I felt no joy in that. I forget who even won the tournament, but they probably felt that they were the real cham,pion and so do i.

Tournament championships can never be split or tied like college football. college football sucks cause there have been multiple champions that past few years. Plus, conference tournment champions are the ones who get automatic bids (Ivy league excluded). This is IMO.

With that being said, this year I am excited about going to memphis and becoming the true 2005 CUSA champion and not sharing it with anybody outside of niner nation. Sharing is good generally, but not with championships.

Tourney. No question.

Tintin

Regular Season is far more impressive, especially in a league as tough as CUSA.

Regular Season is more impressionable on the powers that be that make the seedings for the NCAA bids, but it would be great to see us take both and then have a lock for #3 or #4 seed.

As a fan, I would be happier to win the Regular season crown. I have never seen it in my time here and it would be awesome to leave C-USA as the regular season champs.

I would love to see both. I think we can make it happen.

I would say regular season is way more impressive. Tourney time you could have a #8 or 9 seed win it all after going 2-12 in the conference. I think regular season is more rewarding because the length of the season. But hey, lets just win them both and then we will decide.

If I remember correctly, the regular season champ has always made the NCAA with the lone exception of the year that Southern Miss shared the crown with Cincy.

Yes, it’s great to win the tourney and it has meant our ticket to the Big Dance on at least one ocassion. Still, winning the regular season means you got the job done during those 16 conference games.

GO NINERS!

CUSA is kind of weak this year. So I guess it would be fitting if we won the regular season title. I don’t think we will though. We can’t hang with Louisville and Cincy.

[i]Originally posted by lifelongNiner[/i]@Feb 24 2005, 10:24 AM [b] CUSA is kind of weak this year. So I guess it would be fitting if we won the regular season title. I don't think we will though. We can't hang with Louisville and Cincy. [/b]
hello is anybody in there? :rolleyes:
[i]Originally posted by lifelongNiner[/i]@Feb 24 2005, 10:24 AM [b] CUSA is kind of weak this year. So I guess it would be fitting if we won the regular season title. I don't think we will though. We can't hang with Louisville and Cincy. [/b]
Just hit ignore on this guy. Troll.

The regular season has more weight to it. If you win the regular season in CUSA you don’t have to worry about getting that NCAA birth.

The reg season would be nice to hang your hat on, but with unbalanced schedules with larger conference it’s not a true champion. If we win the reg season, then someone is going to pull up that we only had one meaningful mirror game (Cincy). The tournament champ IS the conference champion!

[i]Originally posted by lifelongmemphisfan[/i]@Feb 24 2005, 09:24 AM [b] CUSA is kind of weak this year. So I guess it would be fitting if we won the regular season title. I don't think we will though. We can't hang with Louisville and Cincy. [/b]
DUDE GET OFF OUR MESSAGEBORAD.... WE DONT WANT YOUR KIND!!!!