Rendering of new baseball stadium

Courtesy of lake49er

Hello and welcome to last week

Hello and welcome to last week

Actually, isn’t this one different than the ones posted last week? I mean, the only ones I saw were two dimensional and didn’t really show the stands. This is much better from what I have seen.

Go Niners! … absolutely beautiful.

This new stadium is going to be N I C E !! Being a baseball fan, I cant wait to get out to some games in this new stadium. Hopefully this will bring out more of the “casual” fans as well. I dont know what many other college baseball stadiums look like, but this has got to be one of the best in the state, if not the entire southeast.

This project is going to be great. I am definitley looking fwd to it.

I think this gets us out of the laughing stock category. However, it will still trail larger facilities at ECU, NCSU and UNC CH for starters.

I don’t like this Captain Obvious guy. He wears a mask! I don’t trust anyone who wears a mask!

NormanNiner needs to create a rendering of Captain Obvious getting pummeled.

They put the Charlotte pick logo (the full “Charlotte” one, not just the ‘C’) on the top of the green wall facing Halton. Also added the new name of the stadium. I believe all of this was done today, I know the name part was.

[QUOTE=ApexNiner;178483]
I think this gets us out of the laughing stock category. However, it will still trail larger facilities at ECU, NCSU and UNC CH for starters.[/QUOTE]

While I cant speak for the others, I have seen the UNC-CH baseball stadium, and I wouldnt say that this one “trails” it. Its close but I would say that ours will be much more impressive once completed.

Well UNC CH is dropping (i think 10million+) on a stadium renovation starting after next season. 1mil came from the Steinbrenner family.

Norman Niner and Lake Niner,

Thanks for the NEW pic of the stadium. This one had not been posted and we all appreciate it.

The stadium looks GREAT !!!

That is indeed the same image from last week, that is, if you clicked into the story to actually read it. The outside of the facility was the “main” picture and this photo was inside the story, midway down.

That graphic is currently on the Charlotte49ers.com site, so for the people seeing it here for the first time … you need to visit the official site a little bit more … what else have you been missing? :wink:

And finally, remember the discussion about Steinbrenner giving $1 million to the Chapel Hill facility, to help them with their $9 million upgrade? Sorry, ours will in fact trail. Not that there is anything wrong with having the best facility in the league and one of the best in the state …

Well UNC CH is dropping (i think 10million+) on a stadium renovation starting after next season. 1mil came from the Steinbrenner family.

we’ll soon be in the college world series or a bowl game that kind of dough will start rolling.

In my opinion this rendering is much more impressive than the Tarheel’s stadium. Yes, they may seat more, but it is not exactly an attractive stadium.

Go Niners!!!

[QUOTE=ebncrdr49er;178508]In my opinion this rendering is much more impressive than the Tarheel’s stadium. Yes, they may seat more, but it is not exactly an attractive stadium.

Go Niners!!![/QUOTE]

exactly. if someone can think of a nicer college baseball stadium, please post a pic of it

Here’s a picture of Cincinnati’s newish stadium

And UNC-CH’s

Perennial power Cal State Fullerton plays here:

I’ll post two of Clemson’s, which is actually pretty nice from the entrance:

I like the pillars with the logo on them

I'll post two of Clemson's, which is actually pretty nice from the entrance:

I like the pillars with the logo on them

i think the same architect that did clemson’s is doing ours.

Doesn’t so much belong here, but I don’t think it needs a new topic:

There is a spraypaint outline of the ‘C’ pick logo on the hill to the South end of the soccer field (below that rock). Anybody know what is going on there? A nice rock/tile layout of the logo would look nice.

[QUOTE=Captain Obvious;178469]Hello and welcome to last week[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;178496]That graphic is currently on the Charlotte49ers.com site, so for the people seeing it here for the first time … you need to visit the official site a little bit more … what else have you been missing? :wink:
[/QUOTE]

Full details here: http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/061506aaf.html

Or here.

http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13609

Norman, you know we’re all over it.