Report finds weaknesses in [UNC Charlotte] police agency

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/06/28/1530941/report-finds-weaknessees-in-uncc.html

UNC Charlotte’s police department is troubled by internal strife and constant turnover, lacks sophisticated police technology and policies, and needs to increase officer visibility, according to a report released Monday by the university.

Wish there was a link to the report itself.

Wonder how long till someone blames these issues on us getting football?

My bet is by the 20th post. ;D

Good point emf. Hard to say a report was released with said release. I couldn’t find it on the university’s website.

A campus cop ran a yield sign and I almost hit him. He let me go around him and pulled me over. He tried to blame it on me and give me a ticket.

Working on campus, I deal with the cops a lot to let me in locked rooms. The younger officers (30-40) are normally friendly but the older ones seem to always be smartasses.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:2, topic:23503”]Wonder how long till someone blames these issues on us getting football?

My bet is by the 20th post. ;D[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe someone should post things will improve when we get football. Head the opponents off at the pass.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:2, topic:23503”]Wonder how long till someone blames these issues on us getting football?

My bet is by the 20th post. ;D[/quote]

If you think about it - football might make them better. Since apparently one of Judy’s concerns is drunks on campus they might have to ramp up the police to deal with us all.

The O loves putting out articles that make us look bad… admittedly this needed to be addressed.

I agree 100%. Campus police are a joke and anyone who has been on our campus knows this. I was robbed at gun point one day walking home from class. But campus police are more interested in giving a ticket for going 1 mile over the speed limit, instead of what should be their #1 priority - PROTECTING THE STUDENTS.

The only department more pathetic on campus is parking services.

I agree 100%. Campus police are a joke and anyone who has been on our campus knows this. I was robbed at gun point one day walking home from class. But campus police are more interested in giving a ticket for going 1 mile over the speed limit, instead of what should be their #1 priority - PROTECTING THE STUDENTS.

The only department more pathetic on campus is parking services.[/quote]

Dayyyyum…when was this?

The only department more pathetic on campus is parking services.[/quote]

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

I rear ended a girl coming out of West Entrance one day. The Campus Cop came out within 5 minutes. Looked at the damage and told me and the girl “CMPD will be here shortly”. They have a 1 mile off campus patrol and they wouldn’t even handle an accident report practically on campus. When the CMPD officer showed up 45 minutes later (hot ass day!) he asked us if campus police had been there. When we told him you could tell he was pissed. When he THOUGHT we were out of earshot I heard him say “lazy f**kers”.

Goodtime!

'98, I believe, my junior year.

[quote=“emf, post:1, topic:23503”]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/06/28/1530941/report-finds-weaknessees-in-uncc.html

UNC Charlotte’s police department is troubled by internal strife and constant turnover, lacks sophisticated police technology and policies, and needs to increase officer visibility, according to a report released Monday by the university.

Wish there was a link to the report itself.[/quote]

DUH. I swear, if they would just put their ear to the ground occasionally…

Is this the place for my story about the Ninermobile breaking down before the beginning of the Homecoming Parade and the cop not allowing me to bring “sharp objects on campus?”

[quote=“TheNinerAlchemist, post:14, topic:23503”]Is this the place for my story about the Ninermobile breaking down before the beginning of the Homecoming Parade and the cop not allowing me to bring “sharp objects on campus?”[/quote]Yes.